Fez gets in hot coffee

Old March 10th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default COFFEE HOT

jmcquown wrote:

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

How about the lawyer that brought the suit against McDonald for people
getting fat eating fast food. Thank god some judge put them in their
place about that.

Totally differerent situation. No one forces anyone to eat fast food.
Okay, right, no one forces anyone to drink coffee. But that coffee I was
served was *way* too hot.

Believe it or not, Jill, some people actually LIKE their
coffee so hot they have to let it cool before drinking it!
(And it's a lot easier to give it time to cool than to
persuade a restaurant to heat it up again!)

Old March 10th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of vehicles on the road that either don't
have cupholders or have sub-optimal cupholders. I think it's BMW that
states the opinion that you should be in the car to drive, not to sip
coffee.

.....Or use a cell-phone, or rearrange articles on the
passenger seat, or quarrel with your husband..... :-)

Old March 10th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

Did they win the appeal on it
I know they had to put that warning on it warning hot can cause burns

Well, in our litigious society, they have to print warnings
against doing all sorts of things that used to be considered
just plain common sense. (Like telling people to avoid
getting a screw-driver too close to their eyes, because it
might cause injury....duh.)

But my sympathy stops the moment someone starts to blame someone else for
their problem.

Exactly! What ever happened to "personal responsibility"?
Nowadays it seems most everyone is looking for someone else
to blame for his/her own mistakes!

Old March 10th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default COFFEE HOT (Was: Fez gets in hot coffee)

jmcquown wrote:

Until I went to take my classes for
my insurance license I'd never had coffee at a McDonald's before. You
remember them because I think you're citing that as case law. I was early
for class one day so I ran into McDonald's and ordered a cup of coffee. It
was so f***'ng hot I couldn't even take a sip of it without burning my
tongue.

Just as well - it's hardly worth drinking, anyway!

Old March 10th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor Martinez wrote:
badwilson wrote:
made me get these cars! So frustrating not having a cup holder. But
our new car in Australia has 5 cupholders. We made damn sure of that
before committing! ;-)

Wait, 5? 1 for you, 1 for Dennis and 1 for Vino. You've got 2 extra!

LOL! I can just see Vino in the back, in his "kitty" seat, sipping on a
latte ;-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old March 10th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-10, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I'm sure there are plenty of vehicles on the road that either don't
have cupholders or have sub-optimal cupholders. I think it's BMW
that states the opinion that you should be in the car to drive, not
to sip coffee.

....Or use a cell-phone, or rearrange articles on the passenger
seat, or quarrel with your husband..... :-)

Well, ideally we'd all be focusing on our driving. There would be a
lot fewer accidents that way.

Of course, there's an obvious counter argument when it comes to cup
holders. If you're going to be transporting coffee in your car
anyway, it's a lot less distracting having it in a cup holder than in
your hands or between your thighs.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the latest Allstate ad depicts a
guy getting into an accident while drinking coffee and driving ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 10th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL ) wrote:

How about the lawyer that brought the suit against McDonald for
people getting fat eating fast food. Thank god some judge put them
in their place about that.

Totally differerent situation. No one forces anyone to eat fast
food. Okay, right, no one forces anyone to drink coffee. But that
coffee I was served was *way* too hot.

Believe it or not, Jill, some people actually LIKE their
coffee so hot they have to let it cool before drinking it!
(And it's a lot easier to give it time to cool than to
persuade a restaurant to heat it up again!)

I believe that, but honestly, if you'd tried to take a sip of this stuff
without sitting for 15 minutes first letting it cool you'd have gotten a
nasty burn on your tongue. Maybe some folks have the luxury of sitting
doing nothing for 15 minutes in a McDonald's. I had 15 minutes before I
needed to be in class across the street, not 15 minutes to sit and stare out
the window before sipping my java... er, lava.

Jill

Old March 10th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Evelyn do you want a good laugh on a chainsaw there is a warning not to be
stop with your private parts
ouch
http://members.aol.com/ilovemy65stang/indexesses.html read and get a good
laugh

Old March 10th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I have to say this I don't eat that type of fast food. I found that when I
stopped eating it I felt better felt more energetic. about the only fast
food I will get is a hot dog or a pizza hand made only