[OT] RIP dear Hazel

Old July 19th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default [OT] RIP dear Hazel

We hadn't seen one another since I left Arizona, only spoke on the phone and
through emails. She had been living on the Sonora coast near Hermosillo in
Mexico. She was sleeping on the roof of a friend's two-story house and fell
off. Maybe she woke up in the night and was disoriented....

She was 66. Everyone expected her to live to a ripe old age. She was strong,
talented and wise. I hadn't heard from her in a few months and only found
out today about the accident, although it happened on July 7th.... I had
never dreamed of Hazel before, but saw her every night last week, without
understanding why.

I spoke with her sister a while ago. She said there was a big gathering in
Hazel's honor last weekend. She had so many friends.... I'm still digesting
this news. It's a huge shock.

Old July 19th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default RIP dear Hazel

Pat wrote:
We hadn't seen one another since I left Arizona, only spoke on the phone and
through emails. She had been living on the Sonora coast near Hermosillo in
Mexico. She was sleeping on the roof of a friend's two-story house and fell
off. Maybe she woke up in the night and was disoriented....

She was 66. Everyone expected her to live to a ripe old age. She was strong,
talented and wise. I hadn't heard from her in a few months and only found
out today about the accident, although it happened on July 7th.... I had
never dreamed of Hazel before, but saw her every night last week, without
understanding why.

I spoke with her sister a while ago. She said there was a big gathering in
Hazel's honor last weekend. She had so many friends.... I'm still digesting
this news. It's a huge shock.

I can sympathize, Pat. I'm very sorry for Hazel's sake, that was much
too soon to go. Last week I got a letter from a classmate from grade
school telling me my best friend between second grade and high school
died with no warning from a brain aneurism (SP?) on June 29th. She was
44. Any spare purrs for her very shocked husband and son would be
appreciated. I hadn't seen her in 25 years, as we each went our
separate ways after High School, she to UCLA and I to Oregon, and we
never quite hooked up again. Be smart, everyone. Hook up with a friend
you haven't talked to in a while. You never know how much or how
little time you really have.

Melissa

Old July 19th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

\
"Shiral" wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat wrote:
[...]

Purrs are on the way.

Joy

Old July 19th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

(((((((Pat)))))))

Joy

Old July 19th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Pat wrote:
We hadn't seen one another since I left Arizona, only spoke on the
phone and through emails. She had been living on the Sonora coast
near Hermosillo in Mexico. She was sleeping on the roof of a friend's
two-story house and fell off. Maybe she woke up in the night and was
disoriented....

She was 66. Everyone expected her to live to a ripe old age. She was
strong, talented and wise. I hadn't heard from her in a few months
and only found out today about the accident, although it happened on
July 7th.... I had never dreamed of Hazel before, but saw her every
night last week, without understanding why.

I spoke with her sister a while ago. She said there was a big
gathering in Hazel's honor last weekend. She had so many friends....
I'm still digesting this news. It's a huge shock.

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your friend. Especially in such
tragic circumstances and not very old. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 19th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Pat wrote:
I spoke with her sister a while ago. She said there was a big gathering in
Hazel's honor last weekend. She had so many friends.... I'm still digesting
this news. It's a huge shock.

Is this our Hazel?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 19th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Victor Martinez" wrote

Is this our Hazel?

No.

Old July 19th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

condolences. She sounded like a fascinating lady.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
.. .

Old July 19th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pistor

Pat wrote:
No.

I didn't mean to sound cold, I just got very worried it might have been
our friend Hazel. Purrs for your loss.

Victor

Old July 19th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"pistor" wrote

I didn't mean to sound cold, I just got very worried it might have been
our friend Hazel. Purrs for your loss.

I didn't take it as cold.

I've been searching for a favorite poem that my friend wrote so I could
share it with this group, but I can't find it. When I do, I'll post it in a
separate thread.