The songs in my head...was Future Kityy-In-Law

Old September 27th 04, 12:57 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Cathi had some very
interesting things to say about The songs in my head...was Future
Kityy-In-Law:

Ah, William Shatner. Apparently he's releasing a new album sometime
soon. Don't know if the track will be familiar to those outside the UK
but for those who are familiar with the band Pulp (very popular in the
early Nineties; intelligent, wry lyrics) he's done a cover version of
"Common People". It's ... erm .... *different*

Thanks for the warning. DH somehow latched on to Shatner's attempt at
"Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" [not a favorite of mine to begin
with]. I joke with people at church that my cat is a better singer
than I am. In Shatner's case, that's not a joke.

Old September 27th 04, 05:55 AM
Takayuki

Kreisleriana wrote:

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:44:49 -0500, John F. Eldredge
yodeled:

I saw it recently. Believe me, with words and music that corny, you
don't _want_ to remember them afterwards, lest you end up having them
go through your head all day.

Glad to oblige:
"The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"
In the Middle of the Earth, in the land of Shire
lives a brave little Hobbit whom we all admire.

Oh my god. How horrible. It's a good thing I don't recall the tune
that goes along with the words.