Depression

Old February 15th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Depression

All the same, I agree that Vietnam vets were treated abominably by
people in this country.

Joyce

They were but very few were spat on. They were mostly ignored. They were
ignored by the same people who sent them, the people in government, the
people who should have taken care of them when they returned. Few people
who were against the viet war mistreated soldiers. Many of them were
mothers and father and brothers and sisters of soldiers. It seems our
government still finds it easier to send soldiers to war than to take care
of them afterward. It is a disgrace greater than alsmost any.

Andy
Old February 15th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 15, 1:10*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I don't support the reasons the politicians gave for going to war
either in Iraq or Afghanistan. However, I will ALWAYS defend and
support the troops 150% because they are only doing their jobs and
they didn't ask to go anywhere.

And you'd support the soldiers of al-Qaida because they're just doing
their jobs, too?

When your "job" is taking a paypacket to blast a whole country to hell
in the process of stealing its resources for your gang bosses, you're
responsible and no weaseling out of it.

Thousands of US soldiers have deserted from the Iraq war. *They're
the *only* ones we should be honouring.

Wow, Jack, I live here and am not reading or seeing news about any
more desertions than usual. The hardest part of this for the soldiers
I've talked to are the repeated tours over there. This is followed by
people who are blaming the troups for the war and treating soldiers
who've been over there like trash. From the way you write, I suspect
you'd be right out there with the egg throwing brigade calling our
troops "baby killers" and so forth. I'll ask you the same question
I've asked the idiots who come into a retired military group I read.
What have you done for your country today?

Those who are tired of being sent over to the desert are just getting
out when their time is up. Being in a military town, I've talked to a
lot of troops. They have been water reclaimation experts who brought
back fresh potable water to whole areas. They've been medical
personel who have been wounded by the poor inocents who have been
wired to blow up themselves as well as as many of the Americans as
they can. One of those was one of my night nurses when I was fighting
for my life in an army hospital last year. I later saw a doccumentary
about the medical people and he was one of the people being evacuated
to the states. Wanna throw eggs at him, Jack. He'll defend your
right to do so as he is cleaning up your wounds. One of the soldiers
I visited when I was in hospital last year was a 19 year old kid from
Washington state. He was wounded trying to get a bunch of women and
children away from the site of an explosion that killed some of his
buddies. The innocents defending the country shot him in the back and
legs while trying to murder those women and children so that they
could blame it on the USA. They've been infantry and regular grunts
who spent most of their time over there handing out care packages to
families, candy to children, and support to the elected government of
Iraq.

The members of Al Qaida are not soldiers they are terrorists who use
and abuse women and children to transport their hate and anger into
the troops. They are even using people with downs syndrome to spread
their bombs and death. Are you making money off the war, Jack. The
US isn't. We've poured billions of dollars into rebuilding a country
whose own rulers let it lapse into ruins and desert. We are getting
supurb assistance from other countries in our work, but not as much as
we should. If I were able to, Jack, I'd be over there teaching those
women and children so that they have a better life someday. Are you
over teaching women and children about a better world, Jack.

Jack, I can't believe that any cat would adopt you. You spread hatred
and stupidity with your posts. I ask you again, what have you done
for your country lately? Do you volunteer at homeless shelters? How
about animal shelters? Do you do anything for ANYONE other than
yourself? You disgust me.

I have no respect for you, even as I defend your right to act like an
idiot.

Pam S.
Old February 15th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 15, 3:27*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
wrote:
people in this country. After coming home from hell, they were spat
on, taunted, and worse. I don't believe in the idea behind the

I read somewhere that the spatting thing was an urban myth. Not sure
about that, as I wasn't even born then.

I do not feel that anyone is doing anything to protect *me* by
killing people in Iraq. I'm sorry, but the occupation of that country
has nothing to do with my freedom. On the contrary, they have made my
world, and the rest of the world, a lot more dangerous.

AMEN!!!!

Not a myth, Victor. I've too many relatives who were called murderers
and spat upon at various points of entry to the US. There is an
episode in an old show called "China Beach," a real location BTW,
where two female personel were directed to change into civilian
clothing before leaving the airport. They were still egged, spat
upon, and harrassed. Yes, this is a TV show, but it really was like
that.

Pam S
Old February 15th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 16, 1:49 am, wrote:
Good kitty!

A friend of mine was in her kitchen when the doorbell went so she went
out to answer it, there were two Mormons standing on the doorstep,
they got as far as "Hi we're from the church..." then went white and
fled.

It was then she realised that as she'd been cutting up meat for their
d*gs, she had opened the door wearing rubber gloves, bloody to the
elbows and carrying a large knife

Lesley///

I once got rid of 2 Jehovahs Witnesses in a similar manner. I had 2
tame pet rats that used to sit on my shoulders. I *forgot* they were
there when I answered the door one day. I think their exact words were

"Hi, we're Jehovahs Witnesses, but were going now, Bye..." and then
they, too, fled.

I was only then i realised that maybe they didn't like rats so
much... ;o)

Helen M

LOL! I would have though that most people would be curious about the
rats rather than run away like that.

Dewi
Old February 15th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

I'll save my anger for the people who are raking in the bucks
over this war, not the people who have been forced into harm's way.

Joyce

yep.

Old February 16th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Where I work, a rest area, we have seen bus after bus of young people
heading for st Louis or other places and eventually overseas. What amazes
me most and, I never hear about it on the news is the number of these people
who have volunteered to go back a second and third time. They tell us that
what we hear her is only half truth and that, in comparison with other wars,
we are having far fewer soldiers killed. Not that one death is acceptable,
They, the young men and women tell us that there is far more progress there
than we hear about. Sort of like what one kid said, someone is afraid to
say we are doing good and having a lot of success.

Old February 25th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

We should NOT even be over in Iraq!!
War sucks big time.
Kyla

"Granby"

Old February 25th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

I'm going thru a bout of depression ATM and I'm fighting it as best I can.
I'm depressed because I think Mosey might be sick again.
I'm depressed about all the Cats that have gone to RB this year and for
their hoomins.
I'm depressed because my Mom's birthday is April 1 and she passed away late
last August and I miss her SO much.
I'm depressed because of all the war and trauma going on in the World.
I'm depressed because I can't help people who need it.
I'm depressed about waking up every day in intense pain from my knees.
I'm depressed because I don't qualify for Disibality
I'm depressed because of all the bad things going on.
I'm depressed because...of alot of things that I can't do anything about
So what I do is keep my Faith and keep praying
I LOVE you all
Bless your kind hearts
Kyla
--weeping now

Old February 26th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Just some things that help me deal with depression.

Paxil (I believe in giving credit where credit is due)

Learning to see the bright and shinning things. To really see them.

An example, my computer room, aka the living room is a dusty mess. But
outside the window the sun in shinning. I choose not to pay attention to
the fact that the window could use washing.

There are two puppies growling between my feet. (I can check later to see
if they left any gifts in the corner) They are so small and so cute when
they play fight.

Earlier the smallest one found a nice enclosed cat bed to nap in. That was
great for an hour. Then the cat (Molly) came in and claimed her bed. Puppy
got a rump full of claws when she tried to take it back. She doesn't know
she looks like an overgrown rat. But there is a brain in her tiny little
head. Next time I saw her she was napping in the center of Kayla's bed in
Kayla's crate. Ain't no cats coming in there after her.

There are half a dozen Christmas ornaments sitting about that missed the
post Christmas put away. Pretty.

Lots of cookbooks on the shelves. Could be thousands of wonderful meals
worth.

Family pictures. Some of them died in the past few years, but I've reached
the point where I mostly smile when I remember them. And where I remember
them young and well.

And there is a vase of sunflowers on the shelf. Wrong season for them.
They will go back in the dinning room when summer comes. But now they are
bright and pretty just for me.

Then there are memories. Old memories of course. But I try to notice the
new ones and treasure them as well.

Like the glorious rainbow I saw Friday at the end of a stormy day. Sure was
a better memory to polish than the traffic jam I was sitting in at the time.

Take time to treasure the gifts.

Jo