The more I see of people...

Old May 2nd 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default The more I see of people...

Kyla =^. .^= wrote:

Sorry to hear this. PUUUUUUUUURS sent for the problem to be solved.
Hug
Kyla
--going thru a bad time right now :/

What's going on?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 2nd 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
The more I love animals

Rant starting

Last night I enlisted the help of a friend to go for a beer and debate this
job quandary I find myself in...

We were about to go when this woman and her partner came in with a woman who
obviously had Down's syndrome and was upset, the lady said she was wandering
along the road alone and said something about going to a weight watchers
meeting at a church with glass doors but the taxi driver chucked her out (One
nasty piece of work). Well the barstaff said they couldn't do much because if
the police are called from a pub, it gets noted and it could cost the
landlord and landlady their licence so they have been told by the landlady
not to unless it's a matter of life and death.

At this point, the partner (second nasty piece of work) starts to insist they
go home and somehow I ended up saying "I'll call the police from my phone" so
me and Chris wait with the woman for the police to turn up. Surprisingly they
were very quick and very kind and managed to persuade her to open her handbag
(we had tried) so they could find out where she lived

The third nasty piece of work was the landlady, Barbara, she came in,
demanded to know what this was all about and exploded at me asking why I got
involved , why I didn't (these are her words) "Just chuck her out and forget
about it" and telling me if she lost her licence I was barred, she then got
on the phone and at the top of her voice, told someone (I assume it was the
landlord) what was going on, punctuated with such charming comments as "that
silly b***h Lesley" then she sat behind the bar scowling at me

I checked with the police when they were going and they had a word with her.
Yes, if the police get called to a pub three times it gets looked into but
something like this is not counted against the pub. I mean what could I do?
Bow Road is not safe, it's a very busy road (we count it a quiet week if
there isn't at least one minor collision- we've even had someone die in our
front garden) and some of the side streets I'd hesitate going down myself at
night....

What is wrong with people?

Rant over

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Don't know what's wrong with people, but this people thinks you done
good. It's utterly heartless to "chuck out" someone in so obvious need
of help.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old May 2nd 08, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 01 May 2008 08:04:34 -0500, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

What is wrong with people?

Rant over

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

What's wrong with people is that they are, with very few exceptions,
egotistical, self-centered, ignorant, evil, stupid *******s.

Thank you for being one of the few exceptions, and doing the right
thing. That's what I like about this group - so very many of the few
exceptions gather right here.

Dan

Lesley, I also thank you for helping the lady. Someone helped me
yesterday. I was working in my yard, stepped wrong at the edge of a
ditch, turned my ankle, and fell down into the ditch. A man driving by
stopped his car and asked if I needed help. I thanked him, and told him
I was okay (my only injuries were a slightly sore ankle, and some
scratches on one arm from having fallen onto a pile of branches waiting
to be picked up by a wood-chipper truck).

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old May 2nd 08, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 01 May 2008 09:01:39 GMT, "Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe
wrote:

[...]

The trouble with people is that most of them are @ssholes.

The rest have cats.
Old May 2nd 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Gandalf wrote:

The trouble with people is that most of them are @ssholes.

The rest have cats.

That should be made into a t-shirt! I'd buy it!

Old May 2nd 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Jo Firey wrote:

I can't imagine how calling the police for help over something of this sort
would count against them.

I checked with another bar manager and her opinion was "she's talking out of
her a**"- there are certain circumstances where a bar is encouraged to call
the police...for example, it's illegal for them to serve someone obviously
drunk but if they don't go then they can call the police to remove them.

Gather from Chris after I left two of the other regulars who were helping
with the lady really told off the barstaff, not entirely fair as Barbara had
told them not to make calls to the police but they also let her know that if
I was barred then the pub over the road has recently been redecorated and
might be worth a look.....

Old May 2nd 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

hopitus wrote:

The other thing that struck me funny is the mental pic I have of that
chick's cats
in a carrier in the supermarket picking out their own eats,

I've seen her doing it! She takes one cat with her (they have a rota) and she
stands in the cat food aisle saying things like "Do you fancy some tuna? Or
the beef?" and waits for the cat to give some sign of approval like a mew or
looking interested before making her selection.

Old May 2nd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I used to let my first guide dog pick out his food, I mean he is smart
enough to keep me from being run over, I figured he was smart enough to pick
out his food, I would wrap his leash around his harness, stand at one end,
DH at the other, we waited until it was empty, then I would say, pick your
grub, he would walk along sniffing careful not to touch the bags then sit in
front of what he wanted, and bless his heart, after the first few tries, he
would only eat one brand, and bless him two times it was low cost, so I gave
him vitamins, Lee

Old May 2nd 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

just posted it, he really did pick it, and he also helped me earn a fair bit
of money in college, he could pick a winning scratch off ticket most times,
so when we had extra money I would go in to an unsuspecting clerk and lay a
side bet that if I bought ten tickets, at least 7 would be cash winners,
most clerks would take the bet, so DH would hold the book of tickets and
when the dog would touch one the clerk would take the book and set the
ticket on the counter, then when we had ten, we would pay and the clerk
would put away the book then we would scratch then off, the side bet would
be on the counter, I won probably 80 percent of the time, and that wonderful
pooch had a real fondness for picking 50 and 100 dollar winners, it was
great, Lee