Reckless feat with Spicey

Old May 17th 14, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Reckless feat with Spicey

I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

She seemed anxious though, on this first foray outside. It was sensory
overload, with birds flitting, the breeze in her fur, the sun in her face.
She gave a soft raspy "mrawr", and put her mitten on my shoe. I brought her
inside after a few minutes.
Old May 17th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/17/2014 11:05 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

How sweet! Shades of Jackson Galaxy ('My Cat from Hell') there.

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

Excellent! I tried to get Persia used to walking in a harness. Nope,
she did the you're going to have to drag me routine.

She seemed anxious though, on this first foray outside. It was sensory
overload, with birds flitting, the breeze in her fur, the sun in her face.
She gave a soft raspy "mrawr", and put her mitten on my shoe. I brought her
inside after a few minutes.

I'm sure it was a bit of overload. But it sure sounds like she's doing
well. Keep up the good work, Tak!

Jill
Old May 17th 14, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/17/2014 9:11 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 5/17/2014 11:05 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

How sweet! Shades of Jackson Galaxy ('My Cat from Hell') there.

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

Excellent! I tried to get Persia used to walking in a harness. Nope,
she did the you're going to have to drag me routine.

I once tried a walking harness on a previous cat. First I just put the
harness on him, and he pranced around proudly. Then he sniffed my other
cat as if to say, "Oh, you don't have one? Too bad!" However, as soon
as I attached the leash, he just laid down and refused to budge.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old May 17th 14, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/17/2014 8:05 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

She seemed anxious though, on this first foray outside. It was sensory
overload, with birds flitting, the breeze in her fur, the sun in her face.
She gave a soft raspy "mrawr", and put her mitten on my shoe. I brought her
inside after a few minutes.

Congratulations! I'd call that progress!

Joy

Old May 17th 14, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 17 May 2014 12:11:13 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 5/17/2014 11:05 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

How sweet! Shades of Jackson Galaxy ('My Cat from Hell') there.

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

Excellent! I tried to get Persia used to walking in a harness. Nope,
she did the you're going to have to drag me routine.

She has other pleasures, like the kitty walk and the crackle sack! It's
funny how we try to expand their horizons.

Does Jackson suggest outdoor walking therapy for problem cats?
Old May 17th 14, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/17/2014 1:16 PM, Joy wrote:
[...]

LOL! Persia let me put on the harness, even sort of got used to it. I
was told to to attach the leash and let her get used to it before
picking it up. I could tell right away she was having none of this.
She hunkered down and said nope.

So, I bought a kitty walk enclosure. She loved it! But that was when
she was much younger.

I got her a new one when I moved here. She'd bat at the window if and
meow at me when I sat outside. I'd put her in the enclosure. Five
minutes later, she wanted back in the house. I was constantly up and
down. After some raccoons tore the mesh to shreds I did not replace the
kitty walk.

Persia is really more an indoor cat than an outdoor cat. She just likes
to be near me. On her terms, of course. Well hey, sometimes on a nice
day I like to sit on the patio and read. Relax, you know? Hopping up
and down to let her in and out wasn't very relaxing. So, after the
raccoons (I'm guessing) ripped it up, no more kitty walk.

When I sit outside she does still look at me and bat at the window.
Sorry, I can't let myself feel guilty about that. 3/4 of the time she's
snoozing and not paying a whit of attention to me anyway.

Jill
Old May 17th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/17/2014 1:18 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2014 12:11:13 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 5/17/2014 11:05 AM, Takayuki wrote:
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

How sweet! Shades of Jackson Galaxy ('My Cat from Hell') there.

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

Excellent! I tried to get Persia used to walking in a harness. Nope,
she did the you're going to have to drag me routine.

She has other pleasures, like the kitty walk and the crackle sack! It's
funny how we try to expand their horizons.

Actually, raccoons tore up the last kitty walk I bought after I moved
here. I didn't replace it.

She does have her crackle sack and her little pyramid bed. And patches
of sunshine. When the weather is nice (not too hot or humid) I open
the back door and the windows. If I'm sitting on the patio she can see
and talk to me. That's all she really wants.

Does Jackson suggest outdoor walking therapy for problem cats?

Oh yes, Jackson certainly does suggest that. He specifically mentions a
walking jacket like your picture of Spicey shows. Looks like it would
be much more comfortable than the harness I bought for Persia, which was
mostly straps that went under her front legs and around her chest.

He recommends walking for cats with a little excess energy they don't
quite know what to do with. If you know what I mean.

I love that Spicey put her paw on your foot to indicate, okay, that's
all for now. You're doing a wonderful job with her.

Jill

Old May 17th 14, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 17 May 2014 14:21:36 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 5/17/2014 1:18 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Does Jackson suggest outdoor walking therapy for problem cats?

Oh yes, Jackson certainly does suggest that. He specifically mentions a
walking jacket like your picture of Spicey shows. Looks like it would
be much more comfortable than the harness I bought for Persia, which was
mostly straps that went under her front legs and around her chest.

He recommends walking for cats with a little excess energy they don't
quite know what to do with. If you know what I mean.

I love that Spicey put her paw on your foot to indicate, okay, that's
all for now. You're doing a wonderful job with her.

The jacket is pretty much a harness, but with cloth material holding it
together. I like it because the material makes it hold its jacket shape, so
it's more difficult to wriggle out of, like being tied up versus wearing a
straitjacket.

I think it's a great way to share in the nice weather. We'll see if she
takes to it like Dot did. She's about 11 now, but I figure it's still not
too old to try new things from time to time.
Old May 18th 14, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_4_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I'm still a bit wary of Spicey, and half expect her to chomp my hand when
all I'm doing is petting her. But here's Spicey in the walking jacket:

http://home.comcast.net/~takayuki9z/...%20outside.jpg

She actually turns out to be an excellent walker. She doesn't slink or
sulk. She tends to follow me and walk closely, and takes suggestions on
where to go with tugs on the leash.

She seemed anxious though, on this first foray outside. It was sensory
overload, with birds flitting, the breeze in her fur, the sun in her face.
She gave a soft raspy "mrawr", and put her mitten on my shoe. I brought
her
inside after a few minutes.

aww very cute...

that pic link has comcast in it? are they giving you free webspace? id like
to know about that, they never said anything to me and i have comcast

Day with Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 November 12th 12 05:06 AM
Cruising cats: Cinder's amazing feat Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 0 March 20th 06 08:27 PM
Cruising cats: Cinder's amazing feat Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 4 March 19th 06 10:12 PM
Cruising cats: Cinder's amazing feat Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 0 March 19th 06 09:59 PM
Cruising cats: Cinder's amazing feat Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 0 March 19th 06 09:56 PM