Lab results: UPDATE

Old June 16th 05, 06:12 PM
Christina Websell

Default Lab results: UPDATE

I was finally able to discover the lab results at my appointment this
morning.
The nurse was very pleasant, gave me all the time I needed to explain, and
showed me the latest letter from the hospital.
It says I had a mucinous tumour, which was borderline, and with some
abnormal cells in the peritoneal fluid. It also said these cells might be
insignificant in view of my liver problems. Liver problems?? I didn't know
I *had* liver problems :-(
The surgeon also said he will follow me up for two years.

This is not as good as if the tumour was benign, 70% chance of that - though
I was never lucky in raffles - but better than being out and out malignant.
The nurse also rang the hospital to find out when my follow-up appointment
will be. June 29, which will be when I find out the full truth of what it
all means for my long term survival.
Thanks for bearing with me when I sometimes got a bit bad-tempered e.g. re
the Terri S thing. I suppose it must be due to the stress I've been under.
Adrian, you made me smile. Listening to a song thrush singing his heart out
is just the thing to calm anyone down ;-) Thanks.

Tweed

Old June 16th 05, 06:19 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I'm glad you can still smile. The follow up in two years sounds like
good news, if they were worried I think they would want to see you
sooner.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 16th 05, 06:20 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I'm glad that things appear to be going well. Will continue to keep
you in heart and prayers (songs). I can't imagine *why* you would be
under any stress (sarcasm), after all, you just had a bit of surgery
(more sarcasm).

You are a much nicer person than I. I could no more have been civil,
were I in the same position, than I can fly without any assistance. Be
well.

Smokie Darling (Annie) - remember, we are *all of us* still pulling for
you!

Old June 16th 05, 06:37 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:12:53 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Purrs for a continued thrush song to gladden your heart. MLB

Old June 16th 05, 06:37 PM
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Whoops. Did I say *in* two years, I didn't mean to? I meant over the
course of the next two years. Probably quite frequently, depending on what
they think the risk is.
Ovarian ca is a very nasty one. I shall only know after my June 29
appointment whether the surgeon thinks I presented at the hospital in time.
Many women don't.

Tweed

Old June 16th 05, 06:44 PM
Yoj

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

Purrs that your situation works out the way mine did. Last September I had
an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. They showed that I had Barrett's
Esophagus and polyps in the colon, both considered pre-cancerous conditions.
Because of that, the gastroenterologist didn't want me to wait the usual
year or two before repeating the tests. I had them a couple of weeks ago,
and they showed no signs of either. Purrs that your next tests show no
reason for concern.

Joy

Old June 16th 05, 07:02 PM
Christina Websell

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I really like the things you say in a language I don't recognise. Is it
native American? Are *you* native American? Please keep singing for me.

I can't imagine *why* you would be
under any stress (sarcasm), after all, you just had a bit of surgery
(more sarcasm).

The nurse today asked me if I was taking painkillers. I said not and she
asked why. I said to stop me doing too much, the pain should stop me. She
made me promise to take my diclofenac 3x day. So I now had two since then.
Hey, so much less pain!

You are a much nicer person than I.

That's unlikely.

I could no more have been civil,
were I in the same position, than I can fly without any assistance.

What position do you mean?

Be well.

Trying!

Tweed

Old June 16th 05, 07:46 PM
Karen

[...]

Well, it is definitely better news than it could have been, but I wonder
what is up with the liver? At least it seems like communication is flowing
again, even if you had to batten down the wall with an axe. I hope they are
more cooperative from now on. Purrs continue.

Old June 16th 05, 11:10 PM
Shirley

Continued purrs and healing thoughts from the cats and me.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old June 17th 05, 12:01 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
I was finally able to discover the lab results at my appointment this
morning.

snipt for brevity
Listening to a song thrush singing his heart

Did you know that to many American Indians, birds are the Great
Spirit's way of showing you S/He is there (watching over you, as it
were)? Oddly, Crows are considered one of the greatest omens a person
can have, but in European mythology, crows are bringers of bad tidings,
strange, huh?

out
is just the thing to calm anyone down ;-) Thanks.

Tweed

I'm glad that things appear to be going well. Will continue to keep
you in heart and prayers (songs).

I really like the things you say in a language I don't recognise. Is it
native American? Are *you* native American? Please keep singing for me.

Creek Indian, Bear Clan, I'm a little less than 1/2. I used to speak
nearly fluent, but anymore I have to stop and think about the words.
The "songs" are actually the easiest to remember (alot of Father grant
us still waters, Father bring the rains).

The songs for you are a bit different (I ask my ancestors to accept my
offerings, and give you the protection you need) but I seem to have no
problem with the words, strange innit?

I can't imagine *why* you would be
under any stress (sarcasm), after all, you just had a bit of surgery
(more sarcasm).

The nurse today asked me if I was taking painkillers. I said not and she
asked why. I said to stop me doing too much, the pain should stop me. She
made me promise to take my diclofenac 3x day. So I now had two since then.
Hey, so much less pain!

That's what you are supposed to do. The dicolfenac is not going to
stop your pain, so it will still slow you down. Be careful, move slow.

You are a much nicer person than I.

That's unlikely.

No, I've got a typical hot temper for an NDN (indian). Did you know
that some clans in my tribe were not nice people? Mine for example.
We were just meanies, and it's something I have to work on daily. Good
thing I don't see alot of people anymore.

I could no more have been civil,
were I in the same position, than I can fly without any assistance.

What position do you mean?

Dealing with nasty, uninformed medical personnel. Or just rude nurses
and receptionists. What else would I have meant .

Be well.

Trying!

Half the battle. Wicecetv (Health or to heal).

Tweed

Smokie Darling (Annie)