Okay, I decided to stay...(long)

Old October 13th 05, 08:35 PM
M Elizabeth

Default Okay, I decided to stay...(long)

Thank you all for your condolences regarding Willow. It has really helped
to know that you are out there and have been through the same thing with
your beloved pets. I light a candle everyday for her, have pictures out,
and cry when I need to. She touched my family's life in so many ways. We
had always been a d*g family, but when Willow met relatives, everyone was
smitten and appreciates cats so much more. There will never be another
little girl like her.

My husband and I feel the house is so empty without her companionship,
personality, and felineness...so we are adopting another cat from a local
shelter. We decided to call him "Finn MacCool" after a legendary Irish hero
(http://tinyurl.com/bmu5q ). He is a one year old unaltered (not for long)
male that looks as if he has some Bengal in him...he is muscular with
cheeks. At the shelter they are calling him Peter, but that is the name of
my brother, so hence the change.

We went on Tuesday to meet with said boy cat and after he sniffed the room,
he went over to my 15 month old toddler and headbutted him, then licked his
cheek. Alexander giggled and put out a chubby finger to touch his nose.
Finn came over to me headbutted me and wanted some kisses and scratches on
the head and chin. I picked him up and held him like a baby, which he
tolerated very well. At one point, Alexander (who is doing much better with
being "gentle" with animals), grabbed his tail...Finn looked at him, with a
"Huh....a tail attachment." My husband came later and Finn flopped down by
him and slung one big paw over Chris's leg. BTW...many more headbutts and
another kiss for Alexander. Its a great fit and I am really happy to change
a cat's world.

Although my soul has a spot that is empty, I know it will grow with love for
this new guy.

Thanks for listening, allowing me to blabber, and I know you will share my
happiness at the new guy on the block, and share my heartache for the
passing of Willow. I will include a link to Finn MacCool's picture at the
shelter.

http://tinyurl.com/acjto

I hope it works.

Old October 13th 05, 08:39 PM
cybercat

"M Elizabeth" wrote in message
My husband and I feel the house is so empty without her companionship,
personality, and felineness...so we are adopting another cat from a local
shelter. We decided to call him "Finn MacCool" after a legendary Irish

hero

Wonderful, M Elizabeth! Helping a cat that needs you will help you heal.
He is beautiful! I love tabbies. It is particularly terrific of you to adopt
an
older cat--meaning a young adult instead of a kitten--since they are often
harder to place. I for one look forward to hearing all about Finn in the
future!!
You and your husband are special people.

Old October 13th 05, 08:44 PM
Karen

Oh I think that is wonderful. Willow would not want you to be catless I am
certain. I look forward to lots of stories about Finn (LOVE that name.)

Old October 13th 05, 08:49 PM
CatNipped

[...]

I'm sure it will work, and good for you for giving the little fellow a home!
The most loving tribute you can give a departed, beloved "master" is to care
for another and give him a good long life with you.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 13th 05, 08:55 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:35:10 -0400, "M Elizabeth"
yodeled:

[...]

Oh, he is gorgeous/adorable!! I luuuuuuuurv tabbies! He sounds like a
wonderful kitty, and will be a great pal for Alexander, and all of
you. There's no anti-depressant like a new kitty in the house!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 13th 05, 09:01 PM
Jo Firey

[...]

He's gorgeous. And while I'd never deliberately let a Tom cat get old
enough unaltered, I do love the fat cheeks (jowls) toms develop.

Sounds like he will be a real love.

Jo

Old October 13th 05, 09:21 PM
Adrian

M Elizabeth wrote:
[...]

Finn is beautiful, I love tabbies. I look forward to lots of stories as he
comes to dominate his new home.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old October 13th 05, 09:33 PM
Victor Martinez

M Elizabeth wrote:
We went on Tuesday to meet with said boy cat and after he sniffed the room,
he went over to my 15 month old toddler and headbutted him, then licked his
cheek. Alexander giggled and put out a chubby finger to touch his nose.

AWWWWWWW what a good boy!!!! Both of them, I guess.

Although my soul has a spot that is empty, I know it will grow with love for
this new guy.

New cats never fill the holes left empty by a departed companion, but
they make the pain bearable.

http://tinyurl.com/acjto

He looks like Maya's twin!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 13th 05, 09:52 PM
Pamela Shirk

"M Elizabeth" wrote in message

My husband and I feel the house is so empty without her companionship,
personality, and felineness...so we are adopting another cat from a local
shelter. We decided to call him "Finn MacCool" after a legendary Irish
hero
(http://tinyurl.com/bmu5q ). He is a one year old unaltered (not for
long)
male that looks as if he has some Bengal in him...he is muscular with
cheeks. At the shelter they are calling him Peter, but that is the name
of
my brother, so hence the change.

I'm so glad that Finn MacCool is joining your family. I think Willow would
be proud of all of you.

Pam S. who's been crying a lot today

Old October 13th 05, 09:53 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:35:10 -0400, M Elizabeth wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on adopting a beautiful tabby. He has the traditional "M"
on
his forehead.