declawing

Old August 14th 03, 07:38 AM

Brandy wrote:

Plus, everyone seems to try to deflect
the argument every single time I bring up
the point that the problems existed
BEFORE declawing that it was thought
declawing would help with.

Such as?

First off, only a clueless vet with ZERO knowledge of cat behavior would
recommend declawing as a solution for *any* behavior problem.

Second, the main behavior problems that are reported in declawed cats
and ultimately result in their being surrendered are litterbox
avoidance, increased biting/aggression, and anti-social behavior. A vet
that would recommend declawing as a solution to any of these particular
problems should be relieved of his license to practice.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 14th 03, 01:32 PM
PawsForThought

Real life:

http://www.southjerseynews.com/issue...y/m020103h.htm

This is great. I wish all shelters had this policy. I only wish the article
had actually told what declawing is since so many people think it's just
removing the claw and not an amputation of the last digit.

Lauren
________

Old August 14th 03, 03:07 PM

Brandy wrote:

Plus, everyone seems to try to deflect
the argument every single time I bring up
the point that the problems existed
BEFORE declawing that it was thought
declawing would help with.

Any vet that considers declawing an appropriate treatment for a behavior
problem is an idiot with ZERO knowledge of cat behavior.

The main behavior issues that arise in declawed cats and ultimately
result in their being surrendered are litterbox avoidance, increased
biting/aggression and anti-social behavior. None of these issues could
even be remotely considered to be curable by declawing. Any vet that
would recommend it for these problems should lose his license to