Hugo Katt. Emergency TED visit.

Old November 27th 03, 11:03 PM
Lisa Katt

Default Hugo Katt. Emergency TED visit.

Something has happened to Hugo Katt while he was outside, I don't know what.
My guess is he has been in a fight, though there are no regular aggressive
cats around nowadays.

He came limping very slowly like he was a hundred years old and did not let
me pick him up because something obviously hurt. His left ear and left back
leg are injured. He *does not* let me handle him or try to examine him.

In the house he just lies very still flat on his side. Under a table where
he knows I can't reach him. I see the tip of his tail lashing so I know he
is alive.

I called a vet. She said wait and see. I did wait. He did not get better.
Things like this have happened before and when Hugo was young and strong he
coped and recovered without help. But now he is 14 years old. So this
morning I called another vet and got an appointment.

He turned out to have fever. They took blood samples and had them analysed
while we waited. He has a bad bacterial inflammation. He still hurts. Hard
to say why, he might have broken a rib or something.

Good thing is that the blood samples showed that his liver and kidneys are
in excellent condition. And nothing wrong with his strong teeth. He really
isn't old for his age. TED also complimented his fine fur.

I have been sick with worry - yes, literally sick, know the feeling? I am so
much calmer now. He still just lies on his side and is not a bit interested
in food. Well, he has a fever. I have managed to get the first antibiotic
pill down his throat with a pill-popper.

Please send some purrs that the antibiotic will work and I will get the
other pills inside him. (He will defend himself when he gets better).

Still a bit worried
Elisabet

Old November 27th 03, 11:17 PM
Bev

Lisa Katt wrote:

[...]

Elizabet, I know just how sick you feel - I am sure the anibiotic will
work. Lots of love and purrs,

Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old November 27th 03, 11:18 PM
Gizela

Purrs that poor Hugo is OK!!

I am experiencing the "pilling a cat" thing too at the moment. I don't think
I'd recommend my method with a sick cat though

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

PS....Gizmo tells me he will be OK....its a cat thing!!

Old November 27th 03, 11:19 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:03:01 +0100, "Lisa Katt"
wrote:

[...]

Lots of emergency purrs for Hugo. Is there any chance he was hit by a car?
How long was he out? Best wishes for complete recovery and that Hugo becomes an indoor cat. MLB

Old November 27th 03, 11:19 PM
Lois Reay

Sending mega purrs for Hugo Katt to feel better soon - and soothing purrs
for you to cope.
It is a worry when you don't know how these things happen.

Lois

Old November 27th 03, 11:44 PM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

Purrs coming for Hugo to be feeling better soon, and not fight the
pills TOO much, though a little fight sounds like a good indicator
that he's better.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 28th 03, 12:21 AM
Karen

in article , Lisa Katt at
att wrote on 11/27/03 5:03 PM:

[...]

Oh no!!! Puuuuurrrrrs to Hugo Katt to feel much better SOON!

Karen

Old November 28th 03, 12:57 AM
Yowie

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message
[...]

Purring for Hugo Katt to return to fine health very quickly.

Yowie

Old November 28th 03, 01:00 AM
Shirley

((((Elisabet))))), purrs for Hugo Katt to recover quickly.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

Old November 28th 03, 01:25 AM

[...]