Advice Needed on Cat Behaviour!

Old May 25th 04, 05:33 AM
Sally

Default Advice Needed on Cat Behaviour!

Hello everyone,

My cat is female (her name is enson) and is about 15 years old (we
picked her up as a stray). The cat from across the road (also female)
comes over every morning and they both snarl, meow and paw angrily at
each other through the side fence to my neighbour's house. They dont
ever fight and the other cat jumps up on the fence and looks down at
my cat whilst my cat is giving her that warning meow sound. Only a few
times have I seen the other cat on our side of the fence, but there is
no fighting involved.

Does the other cat simply want to make friends with my cat or does
this cat like annoying my cat for no reason at all?

Any help is appreciated, my husband and I are out our wits end!

Cheers,
Sally.
Old May 31st 04, 06:44 AM
Melissa K. Brown

This sounds like my Sassy and Lucky. They will bat at eachother, growl but
they don't get into an all out brawl. Sassy will growl if Lucky comes
walking around. But it's a teritorial thing. Your cat is probably just
warning her that this is her property and that the other cat needs to go
away.

Mel
"Sally" wrote in message
om...
kaeli wrote in message

. ..
In article ,
enlightened us with...
My cat is female (her name is enson) and is about 15 years old (we
picked her up as a stray). The cat from across the road (also female)
comes over every morning and they both snarl, meow and paw angrily at
each other through the side fence to my neighbour's house. They dont
ever fight and the other cat jumps up on the fence and looks down at
my cat whilst my cat is giving her that warning meow sound. Only a few
times have I seen the other cat on our side of the fence, but there is
no fighting involved.

Does the other cat simply want to make friends with my cat or does
this cat like annoying my cat for no reason at all?

Cats do these things. As long as your cat isn't too upset to go in the
yard and no one's drawing blood, it's all good.
Let them settle things.

It sounds kind of like their usual morning routine. Maybe they enjoy
harassing each other.

--

thanks for everyone for their feedback. maybe your right, it is a
game. althought sometimes i feel like i live in the middle of a war

Old May 31st 04, 06:44 AM
Melissa K. Brown

This sounds like my Sassy and Lucky. They will bat at eachother, growl but
they don't get into an all out brawl. Sassy will growl if Lucky comes
walking around. But it's a teritorial thing. Your cat is probably just
warning her that this is her property and that the other cat needs to go
away.

Mel
"Sally" wrote in message
om...