Stirling shall not be moved.

Old March 27th 05, 05:17 AM
Helen Wheels

Default Stirling shall not be moved.

Today I'm going to re-cover our cat tree. My furry bunch scratched all
the carpet off the upright bit long ago, and the carpet on the
"branches" is looking pretty revolting these days. I managed to score
some free second hand carpet as they recently replaced the carpets in
the third house along from mine.
Only problem is, Stirling is sprawled out on the top shelf of the tree
and he doesn't look like moving, except possibly to turn himself a
little as the sun moves around. Just like the cow that's sitting on the
FA cup, he shall not be moved. What am I going to do?
Old March 27th 05, 05:42 AM
Sandy

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message
Today I'm going to re-cover our cat tree. My furry bunch scratched all the
carpet off the upright bit long ago, and the carpet on the "branches" is
looking pretty revolting these days. I managed to score some free second
hand carpet as they recently replaced the carpets in the third house along
from mine.
Only problem is, Stirling is sprawled out on the top shelf of the tree and
he doesn't look like moving, except possibly to turn himself a little as
the sun moves around. Just like the cow that's sitting on the FA cup, he
shall not be moved. What am I going to do?

Maybe that just means you're going to re-cover the cat tree another day. :-)

Old March 27th 05, 08:37 AM
Marina

Sandy wrote:

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message

Today I'm going to re-cover our cat tree. My furry bunch scratched all the
carpet off the upright bit long ago, and the carpet on the "branches" is
looking pretty revolting these days. I managed to score some free second
hand carpet as they recently replaced the carpets in the third house along
from mine.
Only problem is, Stirling is sprawled out on the top shelf of the tree and
he doesn't look like moving, except possibly to turn himself a little as
the sun moves around. Just like the cow that's sitting on the FA cup, he
shall not be moved. What am I going to do?

Maybe that just means you're going to re-cover the cat tree another day. :-)

LOL! Sort of what I was thinking too. Sorry, Helen, no useful
suggestions, unless you want to remove him bodily and suffer the
consequences.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!
Old March 27th 05, 02:43 PM
badwilson

Helen Wheels wrote:
Today I'm going to re-cover our cat tree. My furry bunch scratched

all
the carpet off the upright bit long ago, and the carpet on the
"branches" is looking pretty revolting these days. I managed to

score
some free second hand carpet as they recently replaced the carpets

in
the third house along from mine.
Only problem is, Stirling is sprawled out on the top shelf of the

tree
and he doesn't look like moving, except possibly to turn himself a
little as the sun moves around. Just like the cow that's sitting on
the FA cup, he shall not be moved. What am I going to do?

Take a bag of catnip, or some treats, and wave them in front of
Stirling. Then slowly walk away. He will follow you! :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old March 28th 05, 02:40 AM
Helen Wheels

badwilson wrote:

Helen Wheels wrote:

[...]

Not Stirling. Stirling is beloved for his sweet nature, not his sharp
intellect.

He did eventually get down when he was good and ready. I got the top
shelf re-covered after a run to the hardware shop when I realised the
staples I had weren't quite long enough. By then it was starting to get
dark, so I decided to leave the rest until today. About 9 o'clock last
night it started to RAIN. It's not supposed to do that at this time of
year, and I'd left the old carpet out on the back terrace. It's too
heavy for me to move fast, so I just dragged a big sheet of plastic over
it to try and keep it a little dryer. It didn't really help much. It
wasn't my day for doing practical stuff.
Old March 28th 05, 03:19 AM
badwilson

Helen Wheels wrote:
badwilson wrote:

Helen Wheels wrote:

[...]

Aaargh! Murphy's Law. Of course it rains when you have a huge piece
of carpet outside. Here's hoping it gets hot and sunny soon to dry
out the carpet really well so you can finish your project.