MUST you follow me? (long)

Old June 1st 04, 06:00 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Didn't one of the Phillips' name one of their daughter's after Scott?
MacKenzie Phillips - actress?
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0680603/bio

down toward the bottom in the trivia section.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"jmcquown" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

As my friend Scott McKenzie's cat, Spider, wrote to Persia
after I had my reunion with John after 23 years: "Please be
careful when navigating territory anywhere near your human charge.

*The* Scott McKenzie? "Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"
Scott McKenzie?

Joyce

Yep, that's the one. Nice guy; he has a cat named Spider.

Jill

A little info on Scott if you're interested. He turned 65 in January.
Doesn't perform anymore, except on very select occasions, but when he does
he dedicates that song )San Francisco) to VietNam vets. Says he's met so
many over the years and they've given him badges, medals, etc. as

keepsakes.

When Veteren's Day rolls around he goes to Washington, D.C. and takes a

walk
from The Wall (VietNam War Memorial) across a bridge and through Arlington
National Cemetary. He stops at his best friend John Phillips' (of the

Mamas
& the Papas) father's grave (Claude Phillips). Then he walks back around

The Wall.

He claims his cat Spider is very fat but has no photos of him I
periodically send him pics of Persia.

Of Spider, he wrote to me in April: "I have told him repeatedly to stop
reading my Email, but he continues to read it anyhow. It's almost as if

he
doesn't listen to me. How unusual for a cat."

Scott has a wonderful, facetious sense of humour!

Jill

Old June 1st 04, 06:29 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Didn't one of the Phillips' name one of their daughter's after Scott?
MacKenzie Phillips - actress?

Yes, she's John Phillips daughter. He and Scott were best friends.

Jill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

(Claude Phillips). Then he walks back around to The Wall.

Old June 2nd 04, 12:31 AM

jmcquown wrote:

A little info on Scott if you're interested. He turned 65 in January.
Doesn't perform anymore, except on very select occasions, but when he does
he dedicates that song )San Francisco) to VietNam vets. Says he's met so
many over the years and they've given him badges, medals, etc. as
keepsakes.

How do you know him? I used to love that San Francisco song when I was
a kid. But once it stopped being a hit, I never heard it again. Not,
that is, until I moved to the Bay Area, where I hear it regularly. I
guess it never stopped being a hit around here.

Joyce