Thank you, Dante!

Old November 16th 05, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Thank you, Dante!

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old November 16th 05, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:28:58 -0600, "Karen"
yodeled:

Dante fetches!

Ye Gods, please no!

.. .

Old November 16th 05, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

Sounds like Dante has your training well in hand. P

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 16th 05, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Moe does that with bottelcaps.

Old November 16th 05, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

You could just take it away from him and distract him with another toy on
the floor, Eh? Why not? I'm sure he won't mind if you flip the new toy
around like it's exciting and the milk top ring just sort of disappears into
the ether like it never existed..

Tweed

Old November 16th 05, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:28:23 -0000, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

You could just take it away from him and distract him with another toy on
the floor, Eh? Why not? I'm sure he won't mind if you flip the new toy
around like it's exciting and the milk top ring just sort of disappears into
the ether like it never existed..

Tweed

Ah, but it doesn't actually matter what the thing *is*.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 16th 05, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:28:23 -0000, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
. ..

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

You could just take it away from him and distract him with another toy on
the floor, Eh? Why not? I'm sure he won't mind if you flip the new toy
around like it's exciting and the milk top ring just sort of disappears
into
the ether like it never existed..

Tweed

Ah, but it doesn't actually matter what the thing *is*.

Hmmm. Now you have me stuck! I've never had a kitten and my cats rarely -
if ever - play.
Carry on then ;-)

Tweed

Old November 17th 05, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

A vicious cycle, you've got it! The phenomenon is described in Basic Rules
for Cats Who Have a House to Run compiled by Harold Reynolds.

quote
5. Fetch: Dogs will run after a ball or stick that humans throw, take it
back to them, and continue doing this until they drop. As established
earlier, dogs are not bright. A dignified Cat MAY fetch a ball for its
human, but if the human persists in continually throwing the ball away,
assume that the human truly does not want it, and leave it. A small minority
of Cats will fetch favourite toys like pipe cleaners, twist ties, or other
small plastic things. They claim it's great exercise and doesn't deprive
them of too much Dignity.
/quote

To read the rest of the Cat Rules, just open this link:
http://www.badpets.net/BadPets/CatRules.html

For Scandinavian readers, I made a translation a couple of years ago here
http://home.no.net/tiloo/katteregler.html (Norwegian)

Have fun!

Hans

Old November 17th 05, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:54:42 +0100, "Hans Schrøder"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

The little booger has found a plastic milk-top ring, and really wants
to make sure I see it. He keeps leaping up on the computer desk with
it, and I have started tossing it away. Boing, back he comes. Oh no,
I think I am entering a terrible vicious cycle.

A vicious cycle, you've got it! The phenomenon is described in Basic Rules
for Cats Who Have a House to Run compiled by Harold Reynolds.

quote
5. Fetch: Dogs will run after a ball or stick that humans throw, take it
back to them, and continue doing this until they drop. As established
earlier, dogs are not bright. A dignified Cat MAY fetch a ball for its
human, but if the human persists in continually throwing the ball away,
assume that the human truly does not want it, and leave it.

Not with this little monster. He doesn't care in the least that I
don't want it.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War