Cards a-comin'

Old December 26th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Cards a-comin'

Belated Merry-Merry to all; except if you're of the Eastern Rite persuasion,
then it's an early one. Oy, my decongestants are packing a wallop of pure
evil.

We are getting our cards out slowly but surely, so you shall have Christmas
cheer coming forward to keep you going after the tree is down. Myself, i'm
going to see about reviving the Polish Epiphany custom of welcoming the Three
Kings. We used to burn an incense that had frankincence and myrrh as the base
and blow the smoke over every door and window. then we'd write the year and
the traditional initials of the Magi (Kaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar) over
the front door. This was said to bring blessings to the house for the year.
After this year, we need them. But then, so do we all.

On the upside, I got not one nasty crack from the Mutha-in-Law. But then I
walked in with "My tuchas is killing me from this treadmill." That was before
Louie passed out on the stairs going up to his parents' split-level, and the
first S-word I ever uttered under their roof. Louie is down for the count; we
both have had sinus evil for a week and his has moved southward, settling for
a long winter's nap in the chest. This is why I haven't been up here to make
my witty little posts and have had to go to the post office in spurts, when
Louie wasn't zonked out.

Some yutz in the family told him the gathering was to be at his sister's, who
lives close to Niagara Falls. The darkened home, empty driveway and angry
cell phone call told us it was at the Mutha-in-Law. Louie was so dizzy from
the sinus trouble whacking his ears up, and so exhausted, he just passed out
coming upstairs. A plate of spanakopita and fruit salad revived him, and i
found I had the appetite of a lumberjack. It's exhausting, caring for a
husband, even with the transient thing that's been spreading around his job.

Still, it went well, thank God.

Merry Chrsitmas to all. May it not be some two-week thing we forget about
after the lights come down. May we all find a spare can of something for our
local food banks, a spare dollar for the Salvation Army guys, and a kind word
for a stranger. And after all the sadness we have experienced here in recent
months, may the life celebrared with Yule abide with us...and may we all
enjoy it to the fullest.

Blessed be,
Stuffy but recovering Baha

Cards! Lesley Cat anecdotes 5 December 15th 07 06:34 PM
For all who sent me cards Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 20th 05 09:47 PM
Thanks for the cards [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 19th 05 10:28 PM
Thanks for the cards!!! meee Cat anecdotes 1 December 2nd 05 02:36 AM
Still getting cards! Singh Cat anecdotes 2 January 9th 05 02:23 AM