Update on Christmas kitties

Old December 22nd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Update on Christmas kitties

They are doing exceptionally well.
It was pieces of ground-meat which did the trick.
On the second day out of the unheated bathroom, when they had settled
under
the unheated tiled stove in the next room, they began to purr when
they
heared me opening the fridgedoor in the kitchen. Obviously awaiting
more
little meatballs. Then they started to destroy my christmas
decorations.
Every morning I had to collect the red little apples and the golden
rope
from the floor and put them back into place.
Next thing was, that Leo, the black one sniffed into the
(heated)living-room,
checking if it was safe there for them.
And the next night all four of them moved under my bed! My sleeping
room is
not heated as well, but connects to the living-room and a good amount
of heat
radiates over, so it is ok there.
And they conquered the living-room. Yesterday we played string-
hunting.
They love it! My big cats were stunned to meet so much agility. I even
managed to
lure them onto the sofa by pulling the string onto it.
I haven`t touched them up to now as this would frighten them. Humans
are soo big.
But the day will come. And the little ones see how the big ones act
towards me.
That will gain trust as well.
Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

Merry Christmas everyone

Bettina
Old December 22nd 07, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Bettina wrote:
They are doing exceptionally well.

snip
Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

Merry Christmas everyone

Bettina

So glad they're settling in. I love Tommy's markings.

A wonderful xmas to you and your clowder,
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 22nd 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 22 Dez., 15:52, "Adrian A" wrote:
Bettina wrote:
They are doing exceptionally well.

snip
Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

Merry Christmas everyone

Bettina

So glad they're settling in. I love Tommy's markings.

A wonderful xmas to you and your clowder,
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

The funny thing is that I might know the fathers of two of them. It is
a little village here and
I mostly know who doesn`t let their cats neuter/spay.

Tommies father is the only one around with this broad stripes. He
belongs to neighbours three houses down the road. Old people, in fact
the old village smith. Those older farmland people are not used to the
concept of neutering/spaying their cats.sigh

Leo looks a lot like Mohrchen, the only not neutered Tuxedo around.
He officially belongs to my neighbour but inofficially moved over to
us here.
He will be neutered in spring as soon as I can afford it.

This is the first tomcat where I really hate do do that, because he is
so much
boss of the village and a mighty ruler. It just seems to be
lesemajesty to do that to him.
But after his eye-surgery he is challenged and as he is rather old and
battered it will b better
and safer when he doesn`t feel anymore the urge to wander the area.
Old December 22nd 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 22 Dez., 18:09, "Charleen Welton" wrote:
Mischief cover in fur!
--
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro

"Bettina" wrote in message

[...]

Bettina- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

You are so right.g Next room for them to demolish is the living
room.
I will make pics.merry christmas to you.

Bettina
Old December 22nd 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 22 Dez., 18:23, "Matthew" wrote:
Merry Christmas Bettina * *you have some beautiful masters there

I just showed my mom the website *she is jealous

"Bettina" wrote in message

[...]

Yes they are, are they?g
Never seen a litter with so different looking little ones.
I am no collector.
How does one define a "cat collector"?
Hopefully I am not one.

All the best

Bettina
Old December 22nd 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bettina wrote:

Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

I see that they are trying to figure out how to knock the lamp over
again. Remember that Four was able to push all those telephone books
out of his way... never underestimate the strength of a determined
kitty!

They are adorable and so pretty!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 22nd 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie W

On Dec 22, 8:42*am, Bettina wrote:
They are doing exceptionally well.
It was pieces of ground-meat which did the trick.
I haven`t touched them up to now as this would frighten them. Humans
are soo big.
But the day will come. And the little ones see how the big ones act
towards me.
That will gain trust as well.
Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

Merry Christmas everyone

Bettina

They are adorable. To prepare them for petting, you could offer some
food on the tip of your finger. Spend as much time as you can sitting
where they can explore you and get used to touching you.
I suspect that they soon will move from under the bed and join you
under the covers. Or, you may wake up with a kitten on your head.
Annie
Old December 23rd 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kimberlysmith

Bettina wrote:
[...]

Looks like you have your hands full, Bettina!! But what a wonderful
handful....They're adorable!!!

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old December 23rd 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kimberlysmith wrote:

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Are you the same Kimberly who was fostering Roo?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 23rd 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Bettina wrote:

Now have a look if you like on some Christmas-kitties pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lightwell/

Oh my goodness gracious!!!! They are adorable. I love that age - not
teeny tiney but not big. They are each one of them stunning!!!

Susan M
Otis and Chester