Molly and the baby

Old May 16th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Molly and the baby

I had the honor of babysitting for my five month old granddaughter earlier
this evening while her parents went out to have a meal in peace and quiet.

Which I love to do, even when she isn't an angel.

Well, tonight she wasn't an angel. She was tired, but not tired enough to
fall asleep. It was pretty obvious she would much rather have been in her
own home in her own bed.

So after she had played with her cousins and been outside for a walk and
had her bottle, she cried.

I rocked her and sang her lullabies, and she thrashed around and cried.

Not a problem. Babies do that.

But Molly was very upset with me. She kept coming into the room and
walking around us. Then she jumped up on the rocking chair to check things
out. It was obvious she was worried that I was hurting Emily. And she
really wanted me to stop. She tried her best to comfort her, and at one
point even bit me gently. I wasn't taking proper care of her potential
future slave.

Kind of amazing to see this tiny cat who usually has little use for humans
of any sort, worried sick that this little, very loud human wasn't being
taken proper care of.

Jo

Old May 16th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On May 15, 11:26*pm, "Jo Firey" wrote:
[...]

That's really sweet. Molly was being protective of the little
barekitten. I'm
not sure what this crew would do with barekitten grandchildren, if we
ever
get any. They don't like children at all, but then, they've never seen
a tiny
one.

Sherry

Old May 16th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww. That is so sweet, but doesn't surprise me - cats make the best
mothers in the entire animal kingdom (and sometimes I would have to include
human mom's in there too).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 16th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

On May 16, 12:26*am, "Jo Firey" wrote:
[...]

That reminds me of our vacation last summer, where we stayed at my
sister's place. The baby was in her portable crib in my nephew's room
and we were down the hall. She woke up crying in the middle of the
night and my sister's dog came into our room to get me. When the baby
woke up again, the dog went to get my sister instead. Clearly, I was
not a fit mother!

-Caroline S.
Old May 16th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

======================

Miniature hoomins are terrifying. They make strange noises, they're loud,
quick, and are always looking out for a good tail to grab. Molly is smart
to try to ease the bare kitten into training.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old May 17th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
[...]

Molly is still hissed off at me today for failure to properly care for the
bare kitten.

She sure didn't hesitate to jump up on my lap when she was worried about
Emily though.

Jo

Old May 25th 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Nice story!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Molly does it again. Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 10 January 7th 07 10:31 PM
Molly Cat is Free Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 April 17th 06 07:05 PM
Molly Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 6 June 14th 05 10:43 PM
A first for Molly Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 18 March 8th 05 04:58 AM
Molly Day Four Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 12 November 4th 04 06:05 PM