Photos from my Australia trip

Old October 2nd 10, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Photos from my Australia trip

On 2/10/2010 12:44 AM, CatNipped wrote:
Gorgeous! I get the impression that Australia is vary beautiful, and very
deadly - the classic duo.

I can imagine its much like the USA in that regard - the cities are
cities, the major danger to a person there is other people.

But out in the wild, well, you have to know and respect what the land
can give, and what it can take away.

Yowie
Old October 2nd 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

Yep, I am jealous of people in the UK where I've heard there is nothing more
dangerous than a fox. We have hundreds of very, very deadly predators (not
*only* the "wild" parts, but are now encroaching on the cities as we take
more and more of the "wild" and *make* them cities). But I think Australia
is the home of *most* of the most dangerous species on the planet.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 2nd 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Yowie" wrote in message
On 2/10/2010 12:44 AM, CatNipped wrote:
Gorgeous! I get the impression that Australia is vary beautiful, and
very
deadly - the classic duo.

I can imagine its much like the USA in that regard - the cities are
cities, the major danger to a person there is other people.

But out in the wild, well, you have to know and respect what the land can
give, and what it can take away.

Yowie

That's true, but we don't have as many deadly creatures as Oz does, and our
deserts aren't as big as some of yours. ;-)

Joy

Old October 2nd 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Joy wrote:
Photos from my trip can be seen at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/toastiesv/AliceSprings2010

http://picasaweb.google.com/toastiesv/Cairns2010#

http://picasaweb.google.com/toasties...outhWalesCoast

The first album includes the John Williamson concert. It goes with Part 1
of my trip diary. The other two albums go with Part 3. The three photos in
the third album were taken when we stopped for lunch as Barry was driving
his cousin Kathleen and me down the New South Wales coast.

I enjoyed reading about your trip and loved the photos. Thanks Joy.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 2nd 10, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Yep, I am jealous of people in the UK where I've heard there is nothing more
dangerous than a fox. We have hundreds of very, very deadly predators (not
*only* the "wild" parts, but are now encroaching on the cities as we take
more and more of the "wild" and *make* them cities). But I think Australia
is the home of *most* of the most dangerous species on the planet.

The last wild wolf in the UK was killed about 400 years ago, I
personally think it's rather sad that all of our major predators are gone.

Old October 2nd 10, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
Photos from my trip can be seen at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/toastiesv/AliceSprings2010

http://picasaweb.google.com/toastiesv/Cairns2010#

http://picasaweb.google.com/toasties...outhWalesCoast

The first album includes the John Williamson concert. It goes with Part
1
of my trip diary. The other two albums go with Part 3. The three photos
in
the third album were taken when we stopped for lunch as Barry was driving
his cousin Kathleen and me down the New South Wales coast.

I enjoyed reading about your trip and loved the photos. Thanks Joy.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Thank you, Adrian. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Joy

Old October 2nd 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

I have to wonder how that impacted the entire environment. I'm of split
mind - most of me wants to save every species on earth, the other is more
pragmatic - thousands of species have become extinct, *without* man's help
(or even presence), and such is life. Though it would break my heart to see
the big cats gone (and the tiger is on the edge of that), what *does* worry
me is a much smaller animal - honey bees. The disappearance of the bee all
over the world will mean crops can't be pollinated and we would be facing
world-wide starvation. JMHO