OT - "Catching Up"

Old October 6th 10, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

Default OT - "Catching Up"

Ben finally got the hard drive and new memory for my computer so the good
news is that my computer won't flake out on me every few minutes, but the
bad news is that I have to redo everything and had to add in newsgroups
which means all 6,000 posts were marked as unread. I'm going to have to
"Catch Up", so if I suddenly drop out of a conversation, I'm not being rude,
I'm just without a clue!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 6th 10, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

try this

-set setting for reciving in order sent.
-do not group conversations.\
-set hide read messages
-mark that all read\
-then immediately refresh make sure nothing else downloaded then hit delet
all
i do this by select all and delete key, takes a bit but then you hit show
all messages
hit mare\k all unread and poff caught up without lisng anything, good luck,

Old October 6th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_3_]

Crap, I wish I'd read that before just hitting catchup. I have to go back
and re-color code all my posts and all my friends' and foes' posts (friends
get colors I like and foes get billious colors - LOL. Since I don't use a
kill file I can keep track of the messages I *DON'T* want to read and also
those I *ESPECIALLY DO* want to read. ;

Old October 6th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

it only took several crashes for me to figure it out, and i also have a fix
for your catch up, go in and delet all the messages, pick the button that
redownloads all the headers and bodies, not sure which one but in OE its in
the maintance tab and you can do just one group. then do what i wrote
before, and since there will be less messages you can start your color
coding from there, Lee

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
try this

-set setting for reciving in order sent.
-do not group conversations.\
-set hide read messages
read

Old October 9th 10, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Ben finally got the hard drive and new memory for my computer so the good
news is that my computer won't flake out on me every few minutes, but the
bad news is that I have to redo everything and had to add in newsgroups
which means all 6,000 posts were marked as unread. I'm going to have to
"Catch Up", so if I suddenly drop out of a conversation, I'm not being
rude, I'm just without a clue!

I will never catch up I have 10679 unread 87 not downloaded.
Tweed

Old October 10th 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Ben finally got the hard drive and new memory for my computer so the good
news is that my computer won't flake out on me every few minutes, but the
bad news is that I have to redo everything and had to add in newsgroups
which means all 6,000 posts were marked as unread. I'm going to have to
"Catch Up", so if I suddenly drop out of a conversation, I'm not being
rude, I'm just without a clue!

I will never catch up I have 10679 unread 87 not downloaded.
Tweed

You'll have plenty of time next month to keep up, until then don't worry
about it.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old October 10th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

that is where i do the first post policy, read it, then if its a health
issue go to the op's next post, then mark all read, Lee