The dinner party continues...

Old May 8th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default The dinner party continues...

On Mon, 8 May 2006 14:02:16 -0400, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Anaïs takes a small bow and returns to the table. M. Lenoir turns to
her and says: "I rembfur you! You were zee Sorbonne student who sang
weekly at zee cabaret LAPIN AGILE een Montmartre sum yeers ago!" I saw
your shows often! Eef I rembfur correktly, you came fro zee musikal
fambly wheech was associated wif zee all-feline symfony, non?"

Anaïs blushes. Yes dat was me - I enjoyed mine college daze in Paris!
Fangu fur de compliments! I lufs cabaret! Ummm, it looks like the
waiters are going to bring the meats soon!

Mmmm, yes, I can smell zem!

Yew Kno, Hercule, my wink and I are great fans ov zee chanteuse, and
we go to zee LAPIN AGILE kwite often. Perhaps you and Mlle. Rebecca
wood like to joyn usses sumtime?

--
à bientôt,

Jacques
5/8/2006 3:26:01 PM
Old May 8th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Yew Kno, Hercule, my wink and I are great fans ov zee chanteuse, and
we go to zee LAPIN AGILE kwite often. Perhaps you and Mlle. Rebecca
wood like to joyn usses sumtime?

If Mlle Rebecca would be innerested in attending, zen so would I! I haf
not been for some time, and do indeed miss eet. Yes, zee cabaret...

What do you theenk, Rebecca?

Hercule
Old May 8th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Pitoonya awlzo smylez, gald furr boff ov dem.

"Stormmee" wrote in message
Tiger TV and their wife kitties look on approvingly...
Hercule Lenois wrote in message
news
Oh, Hercule, do yoo reely fingk so? Dat wud be wunnerful. It muss not

be
gud to be by yurownself so much. Bein arown uther kitteez muss be juss

whut
yoo needed!

Rebecca

Yes, I believe you are right! I haf been purrty much by mineownself for
several years now, and it has served me well fur dat time. But now I
belieef eet eez time to become a part of feline society again. Fangu for
showing me zees!

Hercule

Old May 9th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Hercule Lenois" wrote in message
news
Oh, Hercule, do yoo reely fingk so? Dat wud be wunnerful. It muss not
be
gud to be by yurownself so much. Bein arown uther kitteez muss be juss
whut
yoo needed!

Rebecca

Yes, I believe you are right! I haf been purrty much by mineownself for
several years now, and it has served me well fur dat time. But now I
belieef eet eez time to become a part of feline society again. Fangu for
showing me zees!

Hercule

Oh, yooze furry welkum, Hercule. Do letz try sum ub dis gud fud. Did I
menshun dat I iz a partner in a caterin company?

Rebecca

Old May 9th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Hercule Lenoir" wrote in message
news
Yew Kno, Hercule, my wink and I are great fans ov zee chanteuse, and
we go to zee LAPIN AGILE kwite often. Perhaps you and Mlle. Rebecca
wood like to joyn usses sumtime?

If Mlle Rebecca would be innerested in attending, zen so would I! I haf
not been for some time, and do indeed miss eet. Yes, zee cabaret...

What do you theenk, Rebecca?

Hercule

Ooh, how innerestin! Dat kud be a wunnerful kulchural esperience. Yes, I
wud lub to go!

Rebecca

Old May 9th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Tiger approaches the piano and sits on the floor adoring his wife kitty, he
silently follows her back to their place, enthralled at her talent and
composure... Tiger, speechless again
Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 07 May 2006 05:46:22 -0700, Hercule Lenois's nimble, little
paws typed:

Yes, I believe you are right! I haf been purrty much by mineownself for
several years now, and it has served me well fur dat time. But now I
belieef eet eez time to become a part of feline society again. Fangu for
showing me zees!

Hercule

There is a lull after the fish course, and the band is on break.
Anaïs picks up her drink, and sets it on the the piano; she begins to
play in the style of a chantuse, and with a voice much deeper than
belies her small size, sings:

"Someday he'll come along
The boy-cat I love
And he'll be big and strong
The boy-cat I love
And when he comes my way
I'll do my best to make him stay

He'll look at me and smile
I'll understand
And in a little while
He'll take my paw
And though it seems absurd
I know we both won't say a word"

She takes a sip of her drink "An dat was wif apologies to George
Gershwin". She begins to play again [Translation at bottom]:

"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens,
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche,
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens...

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Qu'il me parle tout bas,
Je vois la vie en rose;
Il me dit des mots d'amour,
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça m' fait quelque chose.
Il est entré dans mon coeur,
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause,
C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie;
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré pour la vie;
Et dès que je l'aperçois,
Alors je sens en moi
Mon coeur qui bat."

Anaïs takes a small bow and returns to the table. M. Lenoir turns to
her and says: "I rembfur you! You were zee Sorbonne student who sang
weekly at zee cabaret LAPIN AGILE een Montmartre sum yeers ago!" I saw
your shows often! Eef I rembfur correktly, you came fro zee musikal
fambly wheech was associated wif zee all-feline symfony, non?"

Anaïs blushes. Yes dat was me - I enjoyed mine college daze in Paris!
Fangu fur de compliments! I lufs cabaret! Ummm, it looks like the
waiters are going to bring the meats soon!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
5/8/2006 1:57:49 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net

[translation of La Vie en Rose]
"Eyes which cause mine to lower,
A laugh which is lost on ones mouth,
Here is the portrait without a retouch
Of the man who is mine...

When he takes to me in his arms,
He speaks to me low,
I see a rosy life;
He speaks words of love,
Forever words,
And that does something to me.
They enter my heart,
A piece of happiness
I know the cause,
It is him for me, me for him for life;
He said it to me, swore for his life;
And as soon as I feel it,
Then I feel in me
My beating heart."

Old May 9th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Tue, 9 May 2006 01:19:49 -0500, Stormmee's nimble, little paws
typed:

Tiger approaches the piano and sits on the floor adoring his wife kitty, he
silently follows her back to their place, enthralled at her talent and
composure... Tiger, speechless again

Awww, you're such a gud husband-kitty! [smooch, smurgle]

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
5/9/2006 10:02:49 AM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net

Old May 9th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Oh, yooze furry welkum, Hercule. Do letz try sum ub dis gud fud. Did I
menshun dat I iz a partner in a caterin company?

Rebecca

Non, I don't believe you did. Zat is impressive - moosical, bootiful,
graceful, and a businesscat! Zat ees a lot to be proud of. You have
accomlished much.

Hercule
Old May 9th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Ooh, how innerestin! Dat kud be a wunnerful kulchural esperience. Yes, I
wud lub to go!

Rebecca

Then we shall! Fangu fur ze invitation, M. le Inspector.

Hercule

Dinner party dilemma (not OT) Susan M Cat anecdotes 32 April 11th 06 05:58 AM
(OT) Humor: The Hallowe'en Party Pat Cat anecdotes 0 October 28th 05 10:54 PM
Party [email protected] Cat anecdotes 8 July 13th 05 10:26 PM
Cats are Eating My Dinner Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 61 October 2nd 04 06:46 AM