Two Poofy Tails

Old February 8th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Two Poofy Tails

On Feb 7, 11:15*pm, Marina wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

Trust me, two are twice as funny.

lol. i'd have loved to have seen that. caliban is always making me lol
with his tail-poofing. mir hardly ever poofs her tail, and her fur is so
short that even when she does, you hardly notice it.

Buster's the one here with the deployable tail. It normally looks
like an ordinary ringed tabby tail, but it's more than an instrument -
it's a system!

He poofed his tail a while ago when Dot ran right at him during her
zoomie rounds, and jumped over him at the last possible second. He
had this "Omigod omigod" look on his face, and I had to tell him,
"That's an exaggeration, honey. That does *not* count as a near-death
experience."

Right now, he's curled up as close to Dot as he can get. He
occasionally gives her a little loving mitten touch, making Dot growl
at him.
Old February 8th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:
Buster's the one here with the deployable tail. It normally looks
like an ordinary ringed tabby tail, but it's more than an instrument -
it's a system!

He poofed his tail a while ago when Dot ran right at him during her
zoomie rounds, and jumped over him at the last possible second. He
had this "Omigod omigod" look on his face, and I had to tell him,
"That's an exaggeration, honey. That does *not* count as a near-death
experience."

lol. mir likes to sneak up behind caliban, then suddenly dash past him.
then i hear his claws grappling at the laminate so he won't keel over
from the shock, and his tail goes poof. mir can be really mean
sometimes. caliban always gets that same omigod omigod look. hehehe.

Right now, he's curled up as close to Dot as he can get. He
occasionally gives her a little loving mitten touch, making Dot growl
at him.

sounds like they are getting along pretty well now, if buster is allowed
to curl up anywhere near dot. i'm so glad for you all.

Old February 8th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 3:19 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Reminds me of one of my former masters, "Prissy Sissy With The Sassy
Tail"!

I still check cats with white nose bridges to see if they have a fleur-
de-lis.

I can't believe you remembered that Tak - my gosh that was from, when, 1996?
You're amazing! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 8th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 3:19 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Reminds me of one of my former masters, "Prissy Sissy With The Sassy
Tail"!

I still check cats with white nose bridges to see if they have a
fleur- de-lis.

I can't believe you remembered that Tak - my gosh that was from,
when, 1996? You're amazing! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

I sometimes think Tak can remember things better than Google. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 8th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Marina wrote in
:

Outsider wrote:
"Kreisleriana" wrote in
:

I heard Stinky hissing in the living room (as Senior Cat, Stinky is
the Official Hisser), and looked up to see him on the window sill
with a hugely poofed tail. Dante jumped up beside him, looked out,
and his tail instantly poofed, too.

I went to see of course, as Stinky made his very best "I'm a Mighty
Jungle Cat and will Kick Your A$$" noises, although I knew what it
was. It could only be a cat outside. People and dogs don't bother
the Stink-- he's even pleasantly curious about those. A cat on his
porch, though, and IT'S ON, BABY. :P

Sitting outside, as expected, was a pretty, and very poofy herself
longhaired girl. She was just naturally poofy though, due to long
hair, not stress-relatedly poofy. She was *so* unstressed, in fact,
that she jumped up on the outside of the window to get a better look
at the boys. Cats-- in THERE!?!?!? WOW.

Dante immediately got even poofier, and headed for the hills.
Stinky made cougar noises at the girl, who said-- as most of the
visitors to the porch do-- "Hey, dude. Chillax." She jumped back
down to the porch, completely unconcerned, and walked off, waving
her unstressed, fluffy tail.

Once I startled Zak by accident and he puffed up his tail and I told
him how cute he was and pretty and it happened a second time after
which he learned to puff up his tail to impress me which was very
strange. Every time I came home he puffed his tail for me. Then I
would smooth it back down. He was not upset or stressed just wanted
to be praised. Be careful what you say to your cats!

lol. reminds me of nikki. she would go around poofing her tail just
for the heck of it. not only that, she would impress us - me and frank
- by poofing just parts of her tail. just a little poofed ball at the
tip, or the tip and base but not the middle, or just the middle. she
loved to confoozle us that way.

Once they realize they are entertaining you there is no end to the nutty
things they can do!

Old February 8th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
CatNipped wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 3:19 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Reminds me of one of my former masters, "Prissy Sissy With The Sassy
Tail"!

I still check cats with white nose bridges to see if they have a
fleur- de-lis.

I can't believe you remembered that Tak - my gosh that was from,
when, 1996? You're amazing! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

I sometimes think Tak can remember things better than Google. :-)

I think you're right!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 8th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

He poofed his tail a while ago when Dot ran right at him during her
zoomie rounds, and jumped over him at the last possible second. He
had this "Omigod omigod" look on his face, and I had to tell him,
"That's an exaggeration, honey. That does *not* count as a near-death
experience."

lol. mir likes to sneak up behind caliban, then suddenly dash past him.
then i hear his claws grappling at the laminate so he won't keel over
from the shock, and his tail goes poof. mir can be really mean
sometimes. caliban always gets that same omigod omigod look. hehehe.

Is this a boy-girl thing?

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 8th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Feb 7, 3:19 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Reminds me of one of my former masters, "Prissy Sissy With The Sassy
Tail"!

I still check cats with white nose bridges to see if they have a
fleur- de-lis.

I can't believe you remembered that Tak - my gosh that was from,
when, 1996? You're amazing! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

I sometimes think Tak can remember things better than Google. :-)

This is true. And I'm relieved to find out that this was from 1996,
which is well before my time, cat-newsgroup-wise. I joined RPCA in '99,
and I don't remember Sissy or a fleur-de-lis pattern on a cat's nose.
I was afraid that either my memory or my reading skills were seriously
declining.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 8th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

Buster's the one here with the deployable tail. It normally looks
like an ordinary ringed tabby tail, but it's more than an instrument -
it's a system!

He poofed his tail a while ago when Dot ran right at him during her
zoomie rounds, and jumped over him at the last possible second. He
had this "Omigod omigod" look on his face, and I had to tell him,
"That's an exaggeration, honey. That does *not* count as a near-death
experience."

Right now, he's curled up as close to Dot as he can get. He
occasionally gives her a little loving mitten touch, making Dot growl
at him.

What a wonderful post. There are just so many funny things in it -
"deployable" tails, near-death experiences, the image of one cat racing
right at another and jumping over him at the last minute. LOL! This is
a keeper.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 13th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Great story!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Tails Marina Cat anecdotes 11 March 3rd 07 04:56 AM
Stinky Tails Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 3 May 27th 06 05:36 PM
MOR ABOWT TAILS Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 8 December 3rd 05 12:31 AM
kitten tails meee Cat anecdotes 7 November 18th 05 04:08 AM
Cat Tails bigbadbarry Cat health & behaviour 3 May 26th 05 12:08 AM