Eerz: The End

Old August 3rd 10, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Default Eerz: The End

"Art Shapiro" wrote
On 8/1/2010 8:26 AM, cshenk wrote:

I'll add another spin. Art had her for 6-7 months right? Original Owner
had her for all the before time and still was around and cared deeply.

Not to belabor things - it's time to move on - but the "orignal owner" is
the lady who stole Eerz in December from the house where she had been
totally ignored for years and years, and thus had the huge gaping wound
where her ear had been rotted away by skin cancer. She only had Eerz for
a few days, trying to pick the maggots out of the wound with tweezers,
before realizing that this was totally out of her financial ability to
handle. That's when she posted the "help needed" message on CraigsList,
and I was the only one to respond.

My apologies Art. I didnt track it right and must have mixed unrelated
threads in my head.

Either way, I can understand. One of the rescues we had to have assisted
over the rainbow was because he was senile and i didnt know to remove all
glass objects from the kitchen counter when the kitty food bowl was where
shattered glass could land in it. Don held him as he passed quietly because
I couldnt bear it.

Old August 3rd 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I agree.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

"Granby" wrote in message
Someone has a sig line about "How you treat Cats on earth determines you
treatment in Heaven" or something like that. Sure hope there is truth to
that for those people.
"Art Shapiro" wrote in message
On 8/1/2010 8:26 AM, cshenk wrote:

I'll add another spin. Art had her for 6-7 months right? Original Owner
had her for all the before time and still was around and cared deeply.

Not to belabor things - it's time to move on - but the "orignal owner" is
the lady who stole Eerz in December from the house where she had been
totally ignored for years and years, and thus had the huge gaping wound
where her ear had been rotted away by skin cancer. She only had Eerz for
a few days, trying to pick the maggots out of the wound with tweezers,
before realizing that this was totally out of her financial ability to
handle. That's when she posted the "help needed" message on CraigsList,
and I was the only one to respond.

Had the real owner showed any concern or given Eerz (whatever her name
was at the time) the appropiate care, all this grief would have never
transpired.

Art

Old August 3rd 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
Dan M wrote:
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:23:50 -0600, MLB wrote:

I think what would really be fun is a repeat of some of your stories
when you were traveling with Harri. I enjoyed those stories very much.
Did you know the origin -- was it you? Best wishes. MLB

I saw someone else using it and appropriated it. I'll have to see if I
can remember where it came from.

I've also been meaning to dog up my RPCA Harri posts and put them on a
web site somewhere.

That is a great idea. I am sure they would be well received. Best
wishes. MLB

I agree. I enjoyed them very much the first time around, and love rereading
things I've really enjoyed.

Joy

Old August 3rd 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
Eerz went downhill quite fast the last couple of days. She had been removed
from steroids several weeks ago upon the conferral of the surgeon/oncologist
and my local vet, because they were worried about damage to her fragile
organs.

Her head had swollen badly this week, and we went in for an emergency steroid
shot yesterday, again with the blessing of both vets.

It didn't help, and she hasn't eaten in three days. Even her original owner
can't get her to take any food. Neither vet believes in force feeding.

There was just an emergency appointment with the surgeon. I had to be at
work, but went home at lunch to say goodbye, expecting the worst.

They've decided to wait until tomorrow morning, to my surprise, with a pain
medicine administered to minimize the discomfort of the starvation. She got
fluids yesterday and (I think) just now.

We're going to have her put down tomorrow morning. I just called the original
owner at my home (she couldn't make it to the appointment) and she's
distraught. I'm mostly upset about the delay, because I don't want Eerz to
suffer, but not being there I had to accept the decision of my wife and the
surgeon.

At least she had six or seven months that were probably better than anything
she'd had before in her life.

Art

I'm so sorry to see this. I know you've given her the best possible
life. You'll be in my prayers.

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and Mini
Old August 3rd 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , MLB wrote:

Art.do you plan to update your blog and add Lady Eerz and Milo?

The site is terribly out-of-date, with several now-deceased kitties and
absolutely no mention of Eerz. I haven't touched it in years, and really
should. One of these days... Keeping the bicycle club's site updated, often
more than daily, seems to keep me busy and a lot of people depend on that
site.

Art
Old August 3rd 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , MLB wrote:

Art.do you plan to update your blog and add Lady Eerz and Milo?

The site is terribly out-of-date, with several now-deceased kitties and
absolutely no mention of Eerz. I haven't touched it in years, and really
should. One of these days... Keeping the bicycle club's site updated, often
more than daily, seems to keep me busy and a lot of people depend on that
site.

Art

Thanks for your reply and I do understand -- the world just keeps on
turning. The old site is a testament though to "kitty love" and IMHO
should be preserved. Best wishes to you and yours. MLB