Purrs and prayers desperately needed

Old August 12th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

Default Purrs and prayers desperately needed

On Aug 11, 6:02*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I am going to post this here then copy and put on a couple of other
newsgroups.

Lee, stormmee, and her DH had their house burn practically to the ground day
before yesterday. *First, all the cats are accounted for. *They have 6 with
them but Tiger had to be gotten out of the house by a fireman and ran away.
He was seen last night sitting on their porch. *They are going back tonight
to sit and hope he returns. *Please purr and pray he comes back.

Can you imagine trying to give six bats a bath in a motel room sink?

She won't be on line so send any messages and I will call her once a day to
read.

Dear Lord. Thank God everyone got out all right. Consider the prayers
prayed, the purrs purred, the wags wagged, and the good thoughts
thought until everyone is back on their feet and settled. Also, of
course, a round of Get Your Furry Butt Home purrs for Tiger to be
found and reunited with the rest of the family.

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and MIni
Old August 12th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

That's horrible! Lots of purrs on the way for them all, and especially
for Tiger to come to them when they go to fetch him.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old August 12th 10, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Yes, they have insurance.
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Granby typed:
I am going to post this here then copy and put on a couple of other
newsgroups.

Lee, stormmee, and her DH had their house burn practically to the
ground day before yesterday. First, all the cats are accounted for. They
have 6 with them but Tiger had to be gotten out of the house by
a fireman and ran away. He was seen last night sitting on their
porch. They are going back tonight to sit and hope he returns. Please
purr and pray he comes back.
Can you imagine trying to give six bats a bath in a motel room sink?

She won't be on line so send any messages and I will call her once a
day to read.

Oh no! Mega-purrs and prayers going out to them.

I hope they were insured.

Yoiwe

Old August 12th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Granby typed:
Yes, they have insurance.

Thank Bast for small mercies.

No insurance will every replace the *home* but at least it will go towards a
new house.

Yowie

Old August 12th 10, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Don't we love our furry friends.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Aug 11, 6:02 pm, "Granby" wrote:
I am going to post this here then copy and put on a couple of other
newsgroups.

Lee, stormmee, and her DH had their house burn practically to the ground
day
before yesterday. First, all the cats are accounted for. They have 6 with
them but Tiger had to be gotten out of the house by a fireman and ran
away.
He was seen last night sitting on their porch. They are going back tonight
to sit and hope he returns. Please purr and pray he comes back.

Can you imagine trying to give six bats a bath in a motel room sink?

She won't be on line so send any messages and I will call her once a day
read.

As the cats said on the other newsgroup, we are all purring for their
well-being and for Tiger's safe (and soon) return.
Insurance can replace material things. The cats and humans are ok, as
soon as Tiger gets his furry butt home. But nothing can make up for
the fear that comes with a house fire or similar disaster. Purrs to
calm everyone, human and cat.

I remember two dogs waking me up when we had a house fire and how
scary it was. All of us got out OK. Technically, Snowball and Sonny
didn't save my life because the neighbors were on the porch and ready
to break in if they couldn't wake me up (wonderful people) but the
dogs were doing their job.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 12th 10, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

And now that the kitty is found, maybe they can all get some sleep.
"cshenk" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote

Lee, stormmee, and her DH had their house burn practically to the ground
day before yesterday. First, all the cats are accounted for. They have
6 with them but Tiger had to be gotten out of the house by a fireman and
ran away. He was seen last night sitting on their porch. They are going
back tonight to sit and hope he returns. Please purr and pray he comes
back.

Can you imagine trying to give six bats a bath in a motel room sink?

She won't be on line so send any messages and I will call her once a day
to read.

WOW! Not good except ll got out ok although one kittie still being found.

Old August 12th 10, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

The fireman scruffed him and tossed him out the door out of harms way and no
one saw him as fast as he moved. And even as old as she is that was so
frustrating for her.
"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Granby" wrote:
She needs a laugh and the bathing bats will do it for tonight.

I sort of know how the rescues came about but am sure she will tell us
when
all calms down.

That's a definite bright side to all of this, even a cause to
celebrate. I mean, thank goodness they all got out! It's a miracle!

If there was a fire and a panic at my house, I'm sure that mine would
hide. I'd probably be able to find them and get them out, but I only
have two. Lee has seven! I can see where a cat's run off to. Lee
can't!

Old August 12th 10, 05:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

I never noticed that typo either, I was so uset when I read the post.
Amelia Cat is right, bats might be easier to wash. I too get scared of
fires.
Are YOU okay Gramby? Purrs and prayers lovingly sent
and thankful for blessings said as well. I'm SO glad Tiger is okay.
I just love you guys, you know that. Kyla

"Granby"
Oh Lord, am so upset never even noticed. Wait until she reads that, I
will never live it down.
Granby wrote:

I am going to post this here then copy and put on a couple of other
newsgroups.

Lee, stormmee, and her DH had their house burn practically to the
ground day
before yesterday. First, all the cats are accounted for. They have 6
with
them but Tiger had to be gotten out of the house by a fireman and ran
away.
He was seen last night sitting on their porch. They are going back
tonight
to sit and hope he returns. Please purr and pray he comes back.

Can you imagine trying to give six bats a bath in a motel room sink?

She won't be on line so send any messages and I will call her once a
day to
read.

That's awful! I'm really glad nobody was hurt. I worry about fires (and
break-ins) causing harm to my cats, or causing them to get lost. Purrs
for Tiger to be found soon.

Granby, I got a kick out of your typo, "trying to give six bats a bath
in a motel room sink". I know what you meant to type, but that gave me
quite an image.

Joyce

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to