Pickle could do with a purr or two.

Old August 17th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Pickle could do with a purr or two.

Sunday morning, it looked like he'd lost some fur on his shoulder, leaving a
a maybe half-inch diameter red mark. We suspected that him & Suki had had a
fight over 'the favourite chair' and Suki had managed to rip a mouthful of
fur out. "No Big Deal", we thought.

Yesterday, it looked like said red mark had turned into a scab. "Nothing too
much to worry about, but keep an eye on it." we thought.

This morning, it was a gaping wound. It had turned into over an inch in
diameter, it was deep, and it was clear that the skin had disconnected from
the rest of the tissue for quite a way up his neck.

Cary was late for school because Pickle was rushed to the vet.

The bad news is that the wound had become infected, and that it would need
flushing, debriding, and both internal and external stitching. The good news
is that Pickle is a young, healthy cat, and the infection has not become
systemic. Since I couldn't say for certain whether he'd eaten in the last 4
hours or not, he'll be held till this afternoon so they can do the surgery
safely. If things go well, I'll pick him up after work, and then will begin
the fun game of Pilling the Cat with antibiotics.

I'm sure that Pickle will be fine, but purrs for his quick and uneventful
recovery would still be welcome.

Yowie

Old August 17th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 16, 8:10*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Our household will send purrs and dog tail-wags for Pickle's quick
recovery and a cessation of hostilities, at least that level of
hostilities.

--
Will in New Haven

Old August 17th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Will in New Haven typed:
On Aug 16, 8:10 pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Suki & Pickle usually get on just fine - they can often be found grooming
each other. However, like most siblings, they also fight occasionally,
particularly over who gets to sleep in The Favourite Chair (Pickle always
wins, but Suki doesn't learn not to sleep there). Its usually nothing
serious, but they are cats with attached claws and teeth, and accidents
happen. I have no idea how the wound on Pickle's shoulder happened, not
having witnessed the event. I'm *guessing* it was something inflicted by
Suki, but can't be sure.

Yowie

Old August 17th 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:10:28 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

I'm sorry to hear about poor Pickle

There is probably a very small puncture wound from Suki.

Cat bites abscess so easily, and they get bad before we can SEE it.

Soft margarine is your friend, when you are pilling a cat

Sending purrs for Pickle to make a quick recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100816-2, 08/16/2010
Tested on: 8/16/2010 8:09:08 PM

Old August 17th 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Aug 16, 8:10*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
[...]

Yikes. Thoughts and prayers on the way for Pickle. I have a feeling
he's going to have a Lampshade bestowed upon him by TED. That might
make it (marginally) easier to play the Pill The Cat game.

Still, here's to a speedy recovery for Pickle!

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and Mini
Old August 17th 10, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_3_]

In article ,
"Yowie" wrote:

I'm sure that Pickle will be fine, but purrs for his quick and uneventful
recovery would still be welcome.

Ouch ouch ouch.

Megapurrs for Pickle to recover swiftly and be comfortable through the
process.

Frazer the rat just started spontaneously boggling for him too, so
inter-species best wishes from here to Pickle too.

--
minnow ^..^

http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/

Pickle is mean Yowie Cat anecdotes 8 June 6th 08 07:30 AM
Pickle Yowie Cat anecdotes 22 January 15th 08 09:34 PM
we smell the hot pickle A. U. Gandolfi Cat anecdotes 0 September 16th 05 06:00 PM
do not walk a pickle Stoned American Girlfriend Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:59 AM
pickel, pickle, pickle CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 October 30th 04 11:06 PM