Barnabus Collins Brown 6/1993 - 7/6/2010

Old July 7th 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Barnabus Collins Brown 6/1993 - 7/6/2010

CRF finally caught up to my beautiful green eyed boy this evening. He
went peacefully, even if I didn't want him to. My Mother-in-law would
have wanted us to put him in the garden, but he hated the out, so we
won't.

He was such a little grouch. He could hold a grudge for hours, and
attack you after you'd forgotten the teasing you'd given him (okay,
the teasing DH gave him). He'd just sit and wait. The longest was 4
hours, and DH was in bed, trying to sleep when Barnabus attacked. If
we hadn't been so tired, it would have been funny.

He had been declining, and I knew a few days ago that his time was
near. I couldn't bear the thought. I could keep it together for the
funeral, I thought, if he could hang on. I think he tried,
desperately, but in the end, he couldn't.

He apparently wanted to get the "Gramma" and apologize for all the
times he'd hiss/spit at her, and look fierce. She was always afraid
of my gentle giant. I know he's with her, and she's skritching his
ears. She did love him, always wanted to pet him, but was afraid
(after he'd swatted at her once). She'd do it, if I were around,
Barney-butthead (as I called him) would be perfectly calm if I was
here.

I'm going to miss my rumble bug. He'd sleep next to my pillow and
purr me to sleep. He'd wake me in the morning, with his loudest yowl
because he was hungry. Forget that "Paw" was already up and ready to
fix his food. Only Meowmie could do it.

My baby boy is gone. I'm going to miss him.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old July 7th 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

I'm so sorry to hear that, Annie. Purrs are heading your way to help heal
your breaking hear, and a candle will be lit tonight to help Barnabus to the
Rainbow Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 7th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go.
Condolences to those who mourn. MLB
Old July 7th 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 6, 9:10*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:
[...]

I am so sorry, Annie.

Sherry

Old July 7th 10, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debbie Wilson

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:

I'm going to miss my rumble bug. He'd sleep next to my pillow and
purr me to sleep. He'd wake me in the morning, with his loudest yowl
because he was hungry. Forget that "Paw" was already up and ready to
fix his food. Only Meowmie could do it.

My baby boy is gone. I'm going to miss him.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

So sorry for your loss, Annie - we are sending many many purrs to give
you strength and in his memory.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 7th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in news:882ce06d-
:

[...]

That's so sad, I'm so sorry. Purrs for your broken heart to heal quickly.

Bobble
Old July 7th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
CRF finally caught up to my beautiful green eyed boy this evening. He
went peacefully, even if I didn't want him to. My Mother-in-law would
have wanted us to put him in the garden, but he hated the out, so we
won't.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Annie}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so sorry to read Barnabus has gone,
you have mu sincere condolences.

I have lit a candle for Barnabus.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...eng&gi=B%27bus

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old July 7th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default A candle for Barnabus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...eng&gi=B%27bus
Old July 7th 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

My baby boy is gone. I'm going to miss him.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

I am so very sorry. Sounds like he was a very special boycat.

Dan