OT - more bad news - sigh!

Old July 23rd 10, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - more bad news - sigh!

I'm home from work again - my arm quit working - literally. NOT because of
the pain - pain still overshakewed by RSD pain, but from being physical
unable to use it no matter how hard I tried. I could not lift it more than a
few inches before the shaking started & had NO "fine motion ability - all
after just 3 days of work. M. & T. I had to print-out & file 10 weeks of
backed up client comm.s - hole-punched 6 reams of paperr to ready 4 file
folder (20 lb.s each) - then PUT in file folder & carry to file pick-up
areastill VERY light duty, compared to usual. then W. had several documents
to type - hours of repetitive motion, still no binding though, so still
considered by co. as light duty. Each day got worse and worse earilier and
earlier until W. pm arm refused to move no matter how hard i tried. had to
stay home 2day & get emer. visit w/surg. He said massive inflamation & RSD
"flare-up" & gave me STRONG anti-inflamatory, said stay home and do NOTHING
til M., not even PT and MUST wear sling at work for at least 4 weeks til I
see him again (took back last orders). I have no idea what my company will
do, but when you physically can't do something, you can't do it. My next
post may be from a library when we're living under a bridge somewhere.

It took 25 minutes to type this w/only left hand (and even moving that will
"pull" on my right shoulsder till it got numb and tingly). So I'll be
reading, but probably not posting much - it's too time consuming and
effortful and painful.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old July 23rd 10, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Did you tell your surgeon you slammed it into the fridge? Maybe they need
to do x rays to see if you did anymore damage.

Old July 23rd 10, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Say whatever you like, but asking any more questions won't work, i'm not
going to reply re. below - just wanted to let some friends still here know
where I've gone if they don't see me around.

Old July 23rd 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Jul 22, 10:46*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Argh! Purrs, wags, and prayers on the way for the meds to knock out
the inflammation ASAP.

If this shoulder is going to be taking its time healing, maybe voice-
to-text software (Dragon Dictate is the one that springs to mind, but
I'm sure there are others) might be useful. If it can take on the load
of even some of your typing at work and/or at home, that's better than
nothing.

Donna, Captain, Stanley, and Mini
Old July 23rd 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:46:41 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

I'm very sorry you have been through SO MUCH, and still you are in so
much pain, from 'light duty'!?!

Twenty pounds to lift on an injured shoulder, is NOT 'light duty' in MY
book !!!!

I hope the new restrictions give you time to REALLY heal...at least
better than NOW.

Sending purrs for you to feel better SOON!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100722-1, 07/22/2010
Tested on: 7/22/2010 10:38:23 PM

Old July 23rd 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Wasn't asking to be mean, just concerned you might have knocked something
out of place or such. Purrs for your recovery.

Old July 23rd 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
It took 25 minutes to type this w/only left hand (and even moving that will
"pull" on my right shoulsder till it got numb and tingly). So I'll be
reading, but probably not posting much - it's too time consuming and
effortful and painful.

That sounds awfully painful! I hope you get better, and soon! I can
easily imagine this, because I've seen Suz, who has arthritis, among
other obstacles, type by pressing keys with a pencil that she keeps at
her desk for this purpose.
Old July 23rd 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 22, 9:46*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

Lori, I am so sorry. (I keep saying that, and it sounds so shallow.
But
it's not -- I truly wish you could just get a break from all your
difficulties)

Sherry
Old July 23rd 10, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs and hugs - it sounds like you need a lot of both.

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

[SIGH] CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 21 December 15th 07 10:45 PM
*SIGH* HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 16 April 24th 06 02:49 AM
*****SIGH***** CatNipped Cat anecdotes 28 March 21st 06 09:55 PM
here we go again ::sigh:: Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 22 November 22nd 05 06:42 PM
sigh Mary Cat health & behaviour 3 May 14th 04 06:06 PM