Natural methods of health- another example

Old February 8th 04, 07:43 PM
WalterNY

Default Natural methods of health- another example

I just wanted to share yet another story of how we can help nurse our
pets back to health when allopathic medicine would rather rely simply
on drugs with no concern for nutrition or individual cases. My final
blood test last week now confirm the work.

I rescued a beautiful 14 year old cat with the sweetest personality
one year ago. It was clear that he was suffering from hyperthyroid as
he was always hungry and yet as much as he eats his weight is under
normal. Had blood tests done. That gave me confirmation of
hyperthyroidism and showed me some other problems to.

In the blood differential area his neutrophils where 11242 (normal
range 2500-8500). Neutrophils, are the first line of defense against
infectious agents or outside substances that penetrate the body's
physical barriers. After an inflammatory response your body like your
cats body increases the level of these leucocytes. In addition both
T3, T4 and circulating T4 cells in this animal where double the high
range. Clearly his body is working overtime. Of concern too was his
liver counts. His Alk Phos levels where 163 (normal 6-102) and the
liver enzymes ALT was 315 (normally 10-100. There is a clear sign of
liver degeneration here. Normally with hyperthyroidism liver function
shows decrease in such tests but these levels show more than normally
caused by the hyper. This would present a problem in the treatment of
hyper as the normal drug for hyper, Tapazole is very destructive to
the liver. I had to work on two problems at once.

I should say that while kidney functions looked ok, the fact that he
had hyper could very well mean that his kidney is simply processing at
a much faster rate and that he could have a problem in that area that
the hyper hides so I knew I wanted to monitor that while I treated the
other problems. It was finding a balance of treating the hyper and the
liver degeneration that was the challenge.

First I changed the the animal to a raw diet (95%) meat proteins. As a
result in about three weeks time the animals appearance changed
noticeably and he was looking healthier in the face. In fact his
general energy was up considerably as a result of the elimination of
the processed grain-based diet he had been eating. During that month I
worked extensively to repair liver damage before working on the hyper
problem. I started that treatment with Lipotrope, Clinical
Hyperthyrin, milk thistle tincture, cod liver oil added to the food,
and homeopathic liver-gall bladder drops. The raw diet would certainly
help relive the stress on the liver but these products would also help
repair it. After a month of daily dosing I began half of what I would
normally give, which ended up being a 1/4 tablet a day of Tapazole.
Six months later his second blood test showed great improvement. Liver
function was improved, his immune system had calmed down.

Here we are one year later the cats tests show near complete recovery
in the liver area and his hyperthyroidism is now controlled. He is
eating much more normalyl and his weight has increased to a normal and
actually in the higer range. His kidney function did start to show
signs of slowing down afer the thyroid was controlled but not enough
to be worried. I also started him on Poly-MVA to hopefully reduce the
tumor that is casing the thyroid problem. I'll keep you updated on his
progress.
Old February 8th 04, 08:48 PM
PawsForThought

another example
From: (WalterNY)

[...]

That is great to hear, Walter. I'm really glad your kitty is doing so well.
My cats are also on a raw diet and are thriving wonderfully on it. In fact,
I'm in the process of compiling a testamonials page for a raw feeding list and
it's amazing how some of these kitties' health improves once on a raw diet,
most especially the IBD kitties.

Lauren

________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe
Old February 8th 04, 08:48 PM
PawsForThought

another example

Old February 8th 04, 11:38 PM
m. L. Briggs

On 08 Feb 2004 20:48:21 GMT, olitter (PawsForThought)
wrote:

another example
From:
(WalterNY)