The Strange Passions of Tiny Tabbies

Old February 27th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Strange Passions of Tiny Tabbies

"meee" wrote
That's right; whichever is on my lap at the time is my baby! They all are
different, and loveable in different ways! I am thinking Jasmine might be
only a few years off old age, as she seems to be a bit slower than the
others. She seems very grateful for a safe place and regular food. When we
moved, she came all the way on my lap in the car, as she had just turned

up
several weeks prior to us moving, and I had no cat boxes; there were none
avaible in time for our mov
e as the vet had to order them in. The whole time, she sat on my lap and
purred, and we stopped every two ours to let her and the dogs out

(leashed)
for a wee. She was so nice and uncomplaining the whole way, we knew we
couldn't possibly have left her behind. No-one wanted her, and even though
we knew some of our friends must have known where she came from, no-one
owned up, as she had been hurt and was very skinny and they knew how we

felt
about that!

Honestly, if more people realized how loving and sweet adult shelter cats
can be, there would not be so many languishing in the shelters while
everyone
wants kittens. Another great thing: they are beyond their curtain-climbing
phase!
And, since room is usually at a premium, they are usually very good about
using their boxes. (If they were not they would be eating or sleeping in a
mess.) Jasmine sounds like a doll.

Old February 27th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Buddy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I adopted a kitty from the shelter a year ago and he is the most
well-behaved kitty I have ever had. He looks in my eyes to get the ok
to do anything - like jump on the desk, etc.

Aww, that is so sweet!

He doesn't care about the
outside of the house - doesn't even seem interested in looking out the
windows. He is the most loving kitty I have ever had and the first
that I have adopted from a shelter. He was 3 years old and only at the
shelter a couple of days when I found him - he was looking as if he did
not like being there at all!

You got a good one. About going outside: my Gracie was a wirey
young thing, full of energy when we brought her home four years ago.
She wriggled out behind the washer (there was a jerry-rigged cardboard
thing over the opening for the hoses) and got under the house and would
not come out. (I went outside and opened the little door to the crawl
space and she was crouched down on the dirt floor watching the bugs!)
I lured her back in with tuna, then she got out into the back yard once,
and my husband chased her back in the house. The final time was also
in her first six months of living he my husband left the front door
open while bringing in packages and she ran out. We live on a busy
street, so I freaked, imagining her dead on the street, hit by a car.
I shrieked GRACIE, NO! in tears, and she circled the shrubs once
and ran back into the house, looking at me like "oh my god, what?
WHAT IS IT?" After that she avoided the doors at all costs.

Old February 27th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , cybercat wrote:

"Claude V. Lucas" wrote
When I got Bubba from the shelter he barely fit in the
cardboard carrier that they put him in. He cried and
howled all the way home, but when I let him out he took
a couple of laps around the place to see everything and
has been totally well behaved.

I second Diane's comment, I cannot believe a big, glorious
cat like Bubba wound up in a shelter! I sure am glad you have
him.

Yeah.

Me too.

Seems like there's another one like him
sitting in a cage at a Pet Smart somewhere...

Claude
Old February 28th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cybercat" wrote in message

[...]

she is and so are her kittens, [onep o whom is helping me type and one is
chewing on my ankle) i am honoured that she had her kittens with me; they
are a pleasure to know, just like their mum!!

Old February 28th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cybercat" wrote in message

"Buddy" wrote in message
[...]

omg what a fright!!!

Old February 28th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote

We live on a busy
street, so I freaked, imagining her dead on the street, hit by a car.
I shrieked GRACIE, NO! in tears, and she circled the shrubs once
and ran back into the house, looking at me like "oh my god, what?
WHAT IS IT?" After that she avoided the doors at all costs.

omg what a fright!!!

It really was. What I love is that she was responsive enough to my
alarm to run back in the house and never try it again.

Old February 28th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"cybercat" wrote in message

"meee" wrote

We live on a busy
street, so I freaked, imagining her dead on the street, hit by a car.
I shrieked GRACIE, NO! in tears, and she circled the shrubs once
and ran back into the house, looking at me like "oh my god, what?
WHAT IS IT?" After that she avoided the doors at all costs.

omg what a fright!!!

It really was. What I love is that she was responsive enough to my
alarm to run back in the house and never try it again.

yes, that was special!