OT First snow!!!!!

Old November 28th 04, 04:52 PM
Karen Chuplis

Default OT First snow!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!! WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Old November 28th 04, 05:30 PM
CatNipped

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!!

WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am *SO* jealous!!! I've seen snow exactly twice in my 53 years of life -
and both times it only stayed on the ground for a couple of hours.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 28th 04, 05:50 PM
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just
began!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am *SO* jealous!!! I've seen snow exactly twice in my 53 years of
life - and both times it only stayed on the ground for a couple of
hours.

Hugs,

CatNipped

On rare occasions (although not in 2004 so far) we get snow in the Memphis
area. Usually the despicable weather comes in the form of an ice storm
every 10 years or so - and we are due. But those don't usually hit until we
are experiencing that slight breath of spring in the air - end of March or
early April. Then WHAM. Everything is frozen solid, the streets are sheets
of glass. Power outages are rampant which is why I have a stack of firewood
on the patio and oil lamps and oil for lighting.

At the hint of snow in the forecast store shelves are stripped of items I
refer to as "white food". No, it has no racial connotations, it's simply
people seem to buy white stuff when they think it's going to snow! Milk,
eggs, bread, mayonnaise, cheese. It became a game at the office (instigated
by Moi) in the winter of 2003 to make up a list of "white food". It got
very inventive, even though most of the items on the list aren't something
you'd necessarily buy simply because you were afraid to drive on snowy/icy
streets. White chocolate, for example. White asparagus; cauliflower; white
onions. Vanilla ice cream. It was fun. IIRC we came up with about 200
items. We had to make allowances for some things, like leeks which do have
green parts on them and potatoes which, once peeled, are usually white.

I hope to see some snow, not ice, this winter. OB Cats: I doubt Persia
would enjoy tromping around in the snow. I can just picture her lifting her
fuzzy paws exclaiming, "This stuff is cold and WET!"

Jill

Old November 28th 04, 06:17 PM
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!!

WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am *SO* jealous!!! I've seen snow exactly twice in my 53 years of
life -
and both times it only stayed on the ground for a couple of hours.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Already had snow here in my part of the UK about a week ago. It fell during
one evening and night, and stayed for four days until higher temperatures
and rain washed it away. It was just a bit more than an inch, not as
spectacular as Bob in Michigan who mailed me a few days ago that they'd just
got five inches of the horrible stuff.
It's pretty early to have snow in November here. I hope it doesn't mean a
bad winter.

Tweed

Old November 28th 04, 10:50 PM
Sherry

I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!! WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

There's just nothing better than a pretty snow. We didn't get one flake last
year, and not even a decent snowfall the year before, just ice.

Sherry
Old November 29th 04, 12:55 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Karen Chuplis had some very interesting things
to say about OT First snow!!!!!:

I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!! WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Where are you?

Here in sunny Sacramento, it's allegedly 53 degrees. Wind is 18+ mph.
Weather.com says we have a freeze warning tonight.

Old November 29th 04, 01:05 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:50:47 +0000, Sherry wrote:

I'm so excited!!!!!!! Our first snowflakes of the year just began!!!! WOOOO
HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

There's just nothing better than a pretty snow. We didn't get one flake last
year, and not even a decent snowfall the year before, just ice.

Sherry

Last night we received three to five inches of snow in the valley. I
haven't heard to amount for the mountains. It is currently about 25
Winter is really here. MLB

Snow again dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 13 February 28th 04 04:06 PM
Texas Snow! MaryL Cat anecdotes 9 February 15th 04 03:48 PM
Snow!!! Karen Cat anecdotes 7 December 11th 03 04:30 AM
Snow.. "What is THAT?!" Stacey Cat anecdotes 2 November 30th 03 09:43 PM
Snow! Marina Cat anecdotes 12 October 28th 03 09:56 PM