Schwartzie makes associations...

Old January 30th 13, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Schwartzie makes associations...

Had a power outage this afternoon (for no good reason). Apparently
someone was digging and cut a power line. I still have a land-line
non-cordless phone in the kitchen so I called to report the problem.
Then I went next door to Lynn's house to see if she had electricty.
Nope, and another friend was there who had come over to ask the same thing.

I asked her how Schwartzie is and she said she thinks he really does
know Fedders is gone. She had to take Schwartzie (who is diabetic but
no longer on insulin shots) to the vet for a checkup. Not that any cat
ever likes going to the vet, but she said he acted like if he got into
the carrier he didn't expect to come back home. Awww

Of course he did come home. And I'm glad Lynn is finally admitting
Schwartzie does, in his own cat way, miss Fedders. He's also
associating his sudden disappearance with the cat carrier.

Jill
Old January 30th 13, 09:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 30, 12:20*am, jmcquown wrote:
.. *And I'm glad Lynn is finally admitting
Schwartzie does, in his own cat way, miss Fedders. *He's also
associating his sudden disappearance with the cat carrier.

After we losr Dunzi when we took the carrier out 3 weeks later (to
collect Bonnie), Sarsi got upset at the sight of it and ran away.
When I came back she seemed rather surprised and I am sure for a
moment she was trying to work it out. "Box takes sisfur away, box
comes back with no sisfur, meowmie takes box away again empty and
brings it back not with sisfur but with another kitten?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 2nd 13, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 12:20 am, jmcquown wrote:
.. And I'm glad Lynn is finally admitting
Schwartzie does, in his own cat way, miss Fedders. He's also
associating his sudden disappearance with the cat carrier.

After we losr Dunzi when we took the carrier out 3 weeks later (to
collect Bonnie), Sarsi got upset at the sight of it and ran away.
When I came back she seemed rather surprised and I am sure for a
moment she was trying to work it out. "Box takes sisfur away, box
comes back with no sisfur, meowmie takes box away again empty and
brings it back not with sisfur but with another kitten?"

Lesley
-------

isn't it more likely that they associate being put into a box/carrier to
being taken to the vet?
I have to get my sister-in-law to help me. I creep up on him when he's in
his bedroom and grab him. We bundle him into his box. He hates me for
weeks, but he doesn't realise how important getting his injections is.
His bedroom is usually his own space and I usually don't disturb him, but
that's what I have to do.
He knows if I come into his bedroom when he is sleeping it's likely to be
serious; like the vet..

Tweed