Bruiser the Brawler

Old May 3rd 04, 11:22 AM
John Biltz

Default Bruiser the Brawler

Bruiser just had his first big cat fight. I wouldn't say he won but he
wasn't backing off. Normally any real violence just confuses him. I
heard two cats fighting out front. Not screaming but fighting. I ran out
there pretty sure it wasn't Maya. Maya's fights tend to be quick things
and this was going on too long. Once I got to the front door all I could
see was cats going at it back and forth in the dark under and among the
bushes making multiple attacks against each other. I couldn't even be
sure it was Bruiser but they were both too big to be Maya. By the time I
got to them Bruiser was on the bottom but wasn't giving up. I ran the cat
off over the wall. It was the same tom Maya beat up twice in the last few
weeks. I know he weighs more than Bruiser but they are about the same
length and height. Bruiser wouldn't come in either, he jumped back up on
the wall looking for the other cat. He seemed OK but I'll have to check
him later under some good light... Bruiser just came in to get some food
and I checked him and aside from having a couple of pounds of plant
debris in his fur he seems unmarked. I guess all that fur makes pretty
good armor. He's curled up napping now so I guess he had enough
excitement for awhile. As cat fights go I think it was on the level of
school kids slugging it out and not really knowing what they are doing.
Which is why it went on for so long with so little damage done.

Old May 3rd 04, 06:20 PM
Sherry

[...]

Poor Bruiser! Just a word from experience with Frank, sometimes they get a
small puncture wound from bites that you can't see. They're pretty prone to
abscesses, so you might keep an eye on him the next week. I didn't even know
Frank had an abscess once till he started smelling weird. It was hidden in all
that fur.
There's nothing in the world that sounds like two cats fighting. It's
absolutely otherworldly.
Sherry

Old May 4th 04, 06:21 AM
John Biltz

I don't know why my software posted this a second time other than I
updated to 4.0. I was surprised to see I did.

Old May 4th 04, 06:21 AM
John Biltz