Bush and his cronies to wipe out all endangered species...

Old October 12th 03, 06:14 AM
-L.

Default Bush and his cronies to wipe out all endangered species...

From the San Jose Mercury News...

"The Bush administration is proposing far-reaching changes to
conservation policies that would allow hunters, circuses and the pet
industry to kill, capture and import animals on the brink of
extinction in other countries.

Giving Americans access to endangered animals, officials said, would
feed the gigantic U.S. demand for live animals, skins, parts and
trophies, and generate profits that would allow poor nations to pay
for conservation of the remaining animals and their habitats."

For more see:

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/mercu...ld/6989034.htm

Who voted for these a$$holes?

-L.
Old October 12th 03, 08:00 AM

Who voted for these a$$holes?

Gaubster for one (like that's a surprise. He makes Bush look like a
rocket scientist.)
I am so angry after reading this article I could scream. Their
justification for this is totally retarded. The article did say that
we're in the public comment period until the 17th. Does anyone know
specifics on how and where to comment?

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old October 12th 03, 08:47 AM
Shawn & Michelle

Here's a link to a less biased account of the story, which has
nothing to do with President Bush, but with the Federal Fish and
Wildlife Service. You have to watch for outright lies from any
story originating from the Washington Post and/or the LA Times (and
many others). It's only a handful of species that are being
considered, and it is to supposedly encourage third world countries
where these animals are treated poorly to adopt better conservation
programs.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/11/end...ies/index.html

As to the vulgar comment as to who votes for whom, I would hope
there would be more than one issue that voters consider. And that
they'd check their sources. I'd hate to think that we are a nation
of simpletons.

Old October 12th 03, 09:08 AM
Shawn & Michelle

ps. I said this act is being considered to "supposedly" encourage
third world countries where these animals are treated poorly to
adopt better conservation programs. I think it's despicable that
anyone would let a sick hunter harm these animals or that they'd end
up in some roadshow circus. I think we need to find out which
special interest group is behind this and why the U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service is even considering it. Probably hunters and/or
circuses - both of which I despise!

Here's a link to email the Fish and Wildlife Service - do so before
Oct 17

http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/fws/contactus.htm

Old October 12th 03, 04:35 PM
Philip ®

In m,
-L. being of bellicose mind posted:
From the San Jose Mercury News...

"The Bush administration is proposing far-reaching changes to
conservation policies that would allow hunters, circuses and the
pet industry to kill, capture and import animals on the brink of
extinction in other countries.

Giving Americans access to endangered animals, officials said,
would feed the gigantic U.S. demand for live animals, skins, parts
and trophies, and generate profits that would allow poor nations
to pay for conservation of the remaining animals and their
habitats."

For more see:

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/mercu...ld/6989034.htm

Who voted for these a$$holes?

-L.

Dear L. There are plenty of "endangered" animals that are not
worthy ANYMORE ... of being on the endangered list. Gray wolves are
but one example. Deer and elk in some regions are also no longer
"endangered" and in fact need to be thinned out.

Keep in mind ANYTHING you read from Bay Area newspapers is way left
of center and heavily influenced by the eco nazis.
--

~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"