My cat died last night. Heart attack?

Old January 26th 05, 02:12 PM

Default My cat died last night. Heart attack?

My sweet wonderful cat died last night. He has had a heart murmur for
years and I suppose that's what did it but I'm not sure. He was
perfectly fine. He was standing next to me in the kitchen begging for
food when he suddenly jumped up, crashed into a wall then keeled over.
He moaned very loadly for about two minutes and then he died.

Does it sound like a heart attack?
He was the sweetest cat that ever lived. I'm heart broken.

Old January 26th 05, 02:18 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

I am so sorry for your loss, When ever I hear of a sweet furrbaby pasing it brings me to tears. Purrs coming from my
bunch for a safe trip to the rainbow bridge and the
you will find peace.

Old January 26th 05, 02:28 PM
sarah

I am so sorry to hear about your cat.

From what you say it could possibly have been a heart attack or a sudden
thrombosis leading to it.

My cat died suddenly last year aged 4. He had a mild heart murmur. However
one day he just collapsed and his back legs went. The vet said he had the
cat equivalent of DVT (the thing you can get after being on an aircraft for
ages?).

It is completely unpreventable and usually occurs without warning. I hope
you can take some comfort in knowing that there was nothing you could have
done differently to prevent what happened. Wrapping him in cotton wool and
restricting his lifestyle would not have made a difference.

Please take some comfort from the fact that your cat had an enjoyable and
happy life, albeit a shorter one.

I know exactly how you are feeling right now and my thoughts are with you.

sarah

Old January 26th 05, 04:34 PM
Barb

That's very sad. Sounds like maybe he suddenly went into unconsciousness
prior to sudden death and had a hallucination which caused him to jump like
that. At least you were right there with him. There would have been
nothing you could do.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old January 26th 05, 04:44 PM
Sandra

I have no idea what it could have been, but Memphis and Phoenix send purrrs
and hugs. I have not been owned for very long, but would be heartbroken if i
lost one of mine.
With sympathy,

--
Sandra

Old January 26th 05, 05:13 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
My sweet wonderful cat died last night.

Oh my God, what a nightmare. I am so sorry.