Ping Marina

Old April 30th 04, 05:32 PM
lewe

"Marina" wrote in message
Thank you, Christine and Victor. The news is not bad, though I really

didn't
need another disease to worry about. I feel I've made too much of a

mystery
of this, so here's the story. I'll try to make it short.

I've been seeing a physical therapist for some while for my neck and
shoulder pains, and he found a lump on my neck. I went for an ultra-sound
examination, and the good news is that it's not a tumour, but the bad news
is that I have abnormally thick skin. Apparently, everyone has this lump

in
their neck, but mine was noticeably because of the thick skin. The doc
checked lower on my back and on my arms as well, and it is too thick
everywhere. No wonder I'm stiff! You might think that having thick skin
would be a good thing, but apparently it can indicate some systemic

problem.

Well, the doc I saw yesterday (Thursday) was my occupational health care
doc, and when I told him about my diabetes and all its complications, he
thought it would be better to refer me to my diabetes doc for this thick
skin thing, too, because, as he put it, it's better to care for the whole
person than just one symptom, and the thick skin indicates an internal
medical problem anyway. I'm happy with with being referred to my diabetes
doc, because she knows everything about my health and will be able to

piece
it all together, as it were. So I'm waiting to see her, and will probably
have to have a lot of tests done, but apparently the prognosis is usually
good and it's easily treatable, so I'm not worried any more.

But it is the weirdest thing I ever heard of. Thick skin??? Just call me
Lizard Woman.

Thanks again for all the purrs. I sat there in the doc's waiting room,
smiling to myself when I thought of all the kitties around the world

purring
for me. ;o)

you better watch out for Vino ...

You feel like you have a little tic on the side of your head? that's Thea
sending you headbutts!
Bono throws in some drooly purrs!
Aren't you lucky?

Best wishes!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old April 30th 04, 05:40 PM
LOL

"Marina" wrote in message ...

Thank you, Christine and Victor. The news is not bad, though I really didn't
need another disease to worry about. I feel I've made too much of a mystery
of this, so here's the story. I'll try to make it short.

(snippety)

I'm glad the news was not as bad as you were thinking it might be; I
hope it turns out to be very, very minor. I won't mention to Mike
that his Aunt Marina is a lizard woman - he is also a mighty lizard
hunter. ;-)

------
Krista

Old April 30th 04, 11:04 PM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

But it is the weirdest thing I ever heard of. Thick skin??? Just call me
Lizard Woman.

Thanks again for all the purrs. I sat there in the doc's waiting room,
smiling to myself when I thought of all the kitties around the world purring
for me. ;o)

That would have had me scratching my head, too! If I were told that,
I would have so many questions! I would first wonder which layer of
the skin it is that is thicker? Would it mean that I could handle hot
irons without injury? Do I need to use more skin lotion than most
people? Would my skin caliper bodyfat measurements need to be
adjusted downwards? Betty is purring that there aren't any serious
systemic medical problems.

Old May 1st 04, 02:37 AM
Cheryl

"Marina" dumped this in
on 29 Apr 2004:

Thank you, Christine and Victor. The news is not bad, though I really
didn't need another disease to worry about. I feel I've made too much
of a mystery of this, so here's the story. I'll try to make it short.

Hang in there Marina. Sounds like they've got you covered. Got my gang
still sending purrs.

--
Cheryl

Old May 1st 04, 02:40 AM
Cheryl

Takayuki dumped this in
on 30 Apr 2004:

I would first wonder which layer of
the skin it is that is thicker? Would it mean that I could handle hot
irons without injury?

rotfl!

--
Cheryl

Old May 1st 04, 09:57 AM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear your problem is easily treatable and that you will be
ok, Marina.
Continued purrs and best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Marina" wrote in message
snip So I'm waiting to see her, and will probably
have to have a lot of tests done, but apparently the prognosis is usually
good and it's easily treatable, so I'm not worried any more.

But it is the weirdest thing I ever heard of. Thick skin??? Just call me
Lizard Woman.

Thanks again for all the purrs. I sat there in the doc's waiting room,
smiling to myself when I thought of all the kitties around the world

purring
for me. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

PING - Marina dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 5 April 3rd 04 06:08 PM
PING Marina dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 9 March 4th 04 08:03 PM
Ping: Marina Stacey Cat anecdotes 1 February 23rd 04 04:35 AM
Ping Stacey Marina Cat anecdotes 1 December 14th 03 02:37 PM