Happy Walpurgis!

Old April 30th 04, 05:50 PM
lewe

Default Happy Walpurgis!

Big bonfire night tonight around here!

Most cities/communities arrange bonfires for all and there will be choir
singing and sometimes other entertainment.
it's "party time " for teenagers/student, especially in university cities
Uppsala and Lund they party all day with lots of happenings, parades and
partying and partying all day.
Lots of companies close halfday or at least a few hours early today.

And even if it's celebrating spring I remember many chilly Walpurgis nights,
even with snow falling ... well it is Sweden ... Today it's warm and sunny
though.

If someone is interested in how we do "Valborg" in Sweden here's a couple of
links:
way Walpurgis Night sounds more impressive don't you think?
http://www.genuinescandinavia.com/ce..._walpurgis.asp
http://www.llt.uea.ac.uk/scandstudie.../valborg.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A740396

Valborg Purrs from Thea & Bono - extra fiery for those who need them.
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old April 30th 04, 05:59 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:50:43 +0200, "lewe"
wrote:

[...]

Happy Walpurgis/Beltane from the Irish/English-descended American
here.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 30th 04, 06:18 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

[...]

And from the Scottish-American here. And her half Siamese cat, Persia

Jill

Old April 30th 04, 06:45 PM
Jette Goldie

"lewe" wrote in message
Big bonfire night tonight around here!

Most cities/communities arrange bonfires for all and there will be choir
singing and sometimes other entertainment.
it's "party time " for teenagers/student, especially in university cities
Uppsala and Lund they party all day with lots of happenings, parades and
partying and partying all day.
Lots of companies close halfday or at least a few hours early today.

And even if it's celebrating spring I remember many chilly Walpurgis

nights,
even with snow falling ... well it is Sweden ... Today it's warm and sunny
though.

If someone is interested in how we do "Valborg" in Sweden here's a couple

of
links:

"Beltane" here in Edinburgh. We have our own fire festival
going on tonight on the hilltop of Calton Hill. Dancers
and "fireworks" as well as the bonfire. It used to go on till
dawn and had many shamanic drummers, as well as a
great friendly "party" atmosphere, but recently residents
in the very expensive houses a short distance below
the site have complained, and as a result this year it will
be a "ticket only " event, and must finish at midnight - no
drums allowed. Even the police admit that there was
never any trouble with the Beltane crowd.

However in late breaking news, apparently alcohol will
NOT be banned tonight, as some folks wanted. (we always
shared a bottle around the fire, but I NEVER saw any real
drunken problems in all the years I went)

Here's a link the the Beltane Fire Society's page.
http://bfs.techsmechs.com/home.asp

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old April 30th 04, 06:51 PM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

Purrs from third generation Swede/Dane. Best wishes for your
celebration. MLB