Bonnie is making progress with hoomins

Old May 2nd 04, 04:46 AM
Takayuki

Cheryl wrote:

Her couple of steps out there made her come running back in and
she has no intention of going back out there. She must remember something
bad that happened outside, and my thinking is that the "bad thing" was
being trapped (by me!).

That's pretty interesting, and ironic too.

Old May 2nd 04, 06:05 AM
Christine Burel

Thanks, it's through the huge amount of encouragement and support I received
that we made it to this point!
Christine
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"Christine Burel" dumped this in
on 01 May 2004:

Awww, Cheryl -- that's wonderful news! It sure is amazing what being
able to trust will do for a former feral! (Having said that, we'll
have Tucker a year in early June -- no more scared
"deer-in-the-headlights" look -- he purrs and will jump up into my lap
and Celeste's and gets that blinky-eyed happy look when he's
kneading...how nice to be a year later...!)

If you thought what I thought a year ago, we probably both felt it

couldn't
happen. May 17th last year was when I trapped Bonnie. It is just so

amazing
what even a year will accomplish! You have Tucker and the blinky-eyed

happy
look, well Bonnie just cracks me up when she comes running to my bedroom
and stomps across me looking for a cozy place to sleep. Funny though,
she has no desire to go outside into the enclosure with Shadow and
Shamrock. Her couple of steps out there made her come running back in and
she has no intention of going back out there. She must remember something
bad that happened outside, and my thinking is that the "bad thing" was
being trapped (by me!). Great work with Tucker! And Robin!

--
Cheryl

Old May 2nd 04, 06:07 AM
Christine Burel

No kidding, Steve! It was a hard haul through that time; I'm so glad
Tucker's come so far. I hope as time passes the other cats will accept him
more.
Christine
"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 May 2004 00:29:23 -0600, "Christine Burel"
wrote:

Awww, Cheryl -- that's wonderful news! It sure is amazing what being

able
to trust will do for a former feral! (Having said that, we'll have Tucker

year in early June -- no more scared "deer-in-the-headlights" look -- he
purrs and will jump up into my lap and Celeste's and gets that

blinky-eyed
happy look when he's kneading...how nice to be a year later...!)
hugs,
Christine (give Bonnie gentle scritches from us)

How time flies! Seems like a couple months ago you were talking about
quarintine and welding gloves.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 2nd 04, 06:13 AM
Christine Burel

Thanks, Marina, Tucker is happiest with us slaves but we still are working
on helping the others to accept him; it's going to take more time but I hope
we'll eventually get there. Robin is just the silliest funny cat; he always
makes me laugh -- he's sort of uncoordinated except when he's pursuing the
flying feather wand when he makes the most incredible leaps. He is starting
to sit in my lap here and there and is learning how to show more affection.
He is a bit socially inept with the other cats still and butts his cute head
in where it doesn't belong and then gets swatted or pounced. He does think
Miss Oreo is a cutie and tries to wash her head and I have amazingly seen
the Queen Midnight wash his head once or twice!
Christine
"Marina" wrote in message

"Christine Burel" wrote
Awww, Cheryl -- that's wonderful news! It sure is amazing what being

able
to trust will do for a former feral! (Having said that, we'll have

Tucker
year in early June -- no more scared "deer-in-the-headlights" look -- he
purrs and will jump up into my lap and Celeste's and gets that

blinky-eyed
happy look when he's kneading...how nice to be a year later...!)
hugs,
Christine (give Bonnie gentle scritches from us)

Both you and Cheryl have done wonders for your little ferals. I am full of
admiration for you both, and the patience you've had with winning over

their
trust. So glad to hear that Tucker is so happy. How about Robin?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 2nd 04, 06:13 AM
Christine Burel

Thanks, Marina, Tucker is happiest with us slaves but we still are working
on helping the others to accept him; it's going to take more time but I hope
we'll eventually get there. Robin is just the silliest funny cat; he always
makes me laugh -- he's sort of uncoordinated except when he's pursuing the
flying feather wand when he makes the most incredible leaps. He is starting
to sit in my lap here and there and is learning how to show more affection.
He is a bit socially inept with the other cats still and butts his cute head
in where it doesn't belong and then gets swatted or pounced. He does think
Miss Oreo is a cutie and tries to wash her head and I have amazingly seen
the Queen Midnight wash his head once or twice!
Christine

"Christine Burel" wrote

Old May 2nd 04, 11:28 AM
JP Hobbs

Good to hear Bonnie is doing so well, Jean.P.
Cheryl wrote in message
I have to take a break from reading the 300+ posts since last night to
announce that Bonnie now comes to my mom when she comes over. But only

when
she is sitting on the couch and being quiet. Even when she doesn't go to
her, she sits and watches her like a hawk which is way better than with
most people who come over; no one ever sees her because she hides under my
bed. I'm feeling better about taking a vacation this summer because my

mom
is going to stay at my house during the nights for the week. Now I just
have to teach my mom how to give Shadow his medications. When I made
reservations for a condo in Myrtle Beach SC for this year, I had doubts
that Shadow would still be around but he is going strong! This time of

year
is good for him because the outdoor enclosure is opened up, and he sits

out
there for hours. Snoozes even. Bonnie hasn't figured out the pet flap yet
and sits inside watching her 'brothers' romping around out there. She'll
get it soon, I can tell.

--
Cheryl

Old May 2nd 04, 07:36 PM
Takayuki

"Christine Burel" wrote:

Thanks, Marina, Tucker is happiest with us slaves but we still are working
on helping the others to accept him; it's going to take more time but I hope
we'll eventually get there. Robin is just the silliest funny cat; he always
makes me laugh -- he's sort of uncoordinated except when he's pursuing the
flying feather wand when he makes the most incredible leaps. He is starting
to sit in my lap here and there and is learning how to show more affection.
He is a bit socially inept with the other cats still and butts his cute head
in where it doesn't belong and then gets swatted or pounced. He does think
Miss Oreo is a cutie and tries to wash her head and I have amazingly seen
the Queen Midnight wash his head once or twice!
Christine

It sounds as though there is too much going on there for you not to
have some new stories for us, especially about the Tucker and Robin!