"Walkies"

Old May 2nd 04, 06:28 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 02 May 2004 06:55:19 GMT, O J wrote:

snip
The thing that Tootie does that I've never seen another cat do
though is walk with Doris. When Doris goes for a walk in the evening,
you're sure to see Tootie either loping ahead to find interesting
things for Doris to look at, or lagging slightly behind to linger over
an interesting smell. Occasionally, she just walks at Doris' heels
and they will talk to each other. If Doris is just playing in the
garden or sitting on the porch, Tootie may or may not be around, but
let Doris set out on her constitutional, and Tootie comes running.

Regards and Purrs,
O J Gritmon

Of my three, Little Bit is the only one willing to go where I want
when I'm outside. We never really go anywhere, except maybe to check
the mail. I usually just sit under the tree on my side of the building
and watch them. I can count on her staying close, so don't bother to
put a leash on her. Sammy is the one I have to watch, as she's always
trying to explore new territory. When we go out I usually don't put
Sammy's leash on until about the third time I have to get up and go
bring her back to where I let her play. When she's on the leash she
sometimes takes me for a walk, but never the other way around. ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 2nd 04, 07:50 PM
Ted Davis

On Sun, 02 May 2004 06:55:19 GMT, O J wrote:

The thing that Tootie does that I've never seen another cat do
though is walk with Doris. When Doris goes for a walk in the evening,
you're sure to see Tootie either loping ahead to find interesting
things for Doris to look at, or lagging slightly behind to linger over
an interesting smell. Occasionally, she just walks at Doris' heels
and they will talk to each other. If Doris is just playing in the
garden or sitting on the porch, Tootie may or may not be around, but
let Doris set out on her constitutional, and Tootie comes running.

http://gearbox.maem.umr.edu/tdavis/cats/020330/index.html is a photo
essay on a walk in a field with a whole *herd* of cats.

Cats going for walks with their humans is not unusual.

T.E.D. )

Old May 2nd 04, 09:51 PM
Cheryl

O J dumped this in
on 02 May 2004:

The thing that Tootie does that I've never seen another cat do
though is walk with Doris. When Doris goes for a walk in the evening,
you're sure to see Tootie either loping ahead to find interesting
things for Doris to look at, or lagging slightly behind to linger over
an interesting smell. Occasionally, she just walks at Doris' heels
and they will talk to each other.

Cute story! Doris is definitely a cat person and Tootie knows. When I was
growing up, we had a cat named Fluffy who would tag along when we would go
for walks. Being a kid though, sometimes it wasn't a good thing to have
your cat tag along.

--
Cheryl

Old May 3rd 04, 04:00 AM
Susan M

"O J" wrote in message
The thing that Tootie does that I've never seen another cat do
though is walk with Doris. When Doris goes for a walk in the evening,
you're sure to see Tootie either loping ahead to find interesting
things for Doris to look at, or lagging slightly behind to linger over
an interesting smell. Occasionally, she just walks at Doris' heels
and they will talk to each other. If Doris is just playing in the
garden or sitting on the porch, Tootie may or may not be around, but
let Doris set out on her constitutional, and Tootie comes running.

My Otis and Chester follow us everywhere when we go out. We have to make
sure that they are in the house if we're going really far away!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old May 3rd 04, 05:53 PM
Jette Goldie

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Never play Star Trek trivia for money with someone who speaks Klingon.

I do have the essential tape for those of us who wish to visit the Klingon
Homeworld for a holiday "Conversational Klingon" :-)

Doesn't everyone? ;-)

--
Jette
Never bet on Star Trek trivia if your opponent speaks Klingon.