I ache, but the cats are happy

Old May 3rd 04, 06:23 PM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

"Hopitus2" wrote
It's nice to know somebody who thinks bat are cute besides me.

I do, too. My sister, who works at the zoo, once had a bat to care for at
home. Someone had found it as a baby and brought it to the zoo, but they
didn't have an appropriate place for it there, so she got to bring it home.
It was in a plastic crate with a grid on top, so her cats couldn't get at
it. When my sis went off to the island for a week, I got to take care of the
bat. It was so cute!! Not very nice to feed it with live larvae, but I fed
them with their heads first, so they wouldn't suffer too long. ;o) The bat
was so cute when it chomped away. The wings were so amazing, thin, black,
leathery, and ending in long black claws that looked like eyelashes (it was
a small bat).

Most people who have seen a bat up close seem to feel that they're
cute. My mom once told me a story of how a bat once got into a
hospital where she was a nurse. She and the other nurses knew nothing
about bats, but they thought this one was so cute! They drew some
blood from a patient and tried to feed it to the bat. I'm just glad I
was never a patient at that hospital! From her description, it
sounded like it might have been a fruit bat.

Old May 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
Hopitus2

ROFL...vampire bats aren't so cute. They aren't as plentiful, anyway, as
fruit bats. The bat in the hospital probably thought the nurses were trying
to kill him, or at best, had a terrible menu for visitors.

"Takayuki" wrote in message
:

Old May 3rd 04, 07:36 PM
Marina

"Hopitus2" wrote
ROFL...vampire bats aren't so cute. They aren't as plentiful, anyway, as
fruit bats. The bat in the hospital probably thought the nurses were

trying
to kill him, or at best, had a terrible menu for visitors.

Typical hospital food. ;o)

--
Marina

Old May 3rd 04, 10:46 PM
Takayuki

"Hopitus2" wrote:

ROFL...vampire bats aren't so cute. They aren't as plentiful, anyway, as
fruit bats. The bat in the hospital probably thought the nurses were trying
to kill him, or at best, had a terrible menu for visitors.

Terrible menu sounds right! I sort of suspect that if I happened
across a vampire bat, I would think that's cute, too.

It's a good thing that vampire bats can't enslave humans like cats
can, except in the movies.

Old May 3rd 04, 11:29 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I was shattered by that time
cheers Jean.P.

I hope you are feeling better now Jean.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 3rd 04, 11:29 PM

Old May 4th 04, 01:08 AM
Cheryl

"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au dumped this in
on 03 May 2004:

I ache too, but my pain is not from anything as nice as gardening, if
you caught my post yesterday, I said I was busy in the bedroom, I was,
I was looking for a lost object*everywhere* and as usual at such times
you finish up cleaning as you go, well I was looking under the
bed{doesn't seem like two minutes since I last did it}
Trouble is, I cannot get down on my knees, your told not
to,with two knee replacements, but I wouldn't dare anyway so I have to
wriggle about on my stomache and
that in itself is not easy when your on the plump side, but
try getting up from this position without getting on your
knees, especially when your on the said *plump side*
and your feet keep slipping out from under youI was
all morning at this well 2 to 3 hours till I went to look for Wilson,
believe me I was shattered by that time
cheers Jean.P.

Youch Jean. Yup, that is way worse than my self inflicted gardening
pains. I hope you're feeling better today and don't have to retrieve
anything under the bed for a while!

--
Cheryl