Does Cat Parasite Affect What We Feel and Do?

Old August 10th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Does Cat Parasite Affect What We Feel and Do?

Jenny wrote:
Hi guys! I had to join a group for my computer class and I picked this
one because you guys seem to see the humor in cats and who couldn't
love cats?! I have four parasites in total, two of whom are completely
mine. One sleeps on my pillow at night and the other on my feet or
chest every night. I may be completely engrossed in fungus and not
even know it! And my allergist wonders why I can't breathe! So I was
wondering what kind of cats do you guys have? I have two Tonkinese (my
two), and two siamese all of whom are very sweet, very dumb, and VERY
chatty!

Welcome to the group, Jenny! I share my life with one Russian Blue
called Miranda and one brown tabby moggie called Caliban.

Old August 10th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

"Jenny" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi guys! I had to join a group for my computer class and I picked this
one because you guys seem to see the humor in cats and who couldn't
love cats?! I have four parasites in total, two of whom are completely
mine. One sleeps on my pillow at night and the other on my feet or
chest every night. I may be completely engrossed in fungus and not
even know it! And my allergist wonders why I can't breathe! So I was
wondering what kind of cats do you guys have? I have two Tonkinese (my
two), and two siamese all of whom are very sweet, very dumb, and VERY
chatty!

I'd say that you found the right group, though I'm wondering how you got
four stupid talkers. We are owned by seven cats and a d*g, known as Speedy
the d-thing. Tanada, our 14 year old black and white tuxedo girl is a
grouchy old woman, QC is a gentle giant brown/charcoal tabby Maine Coon mix,
Merlin is a gray tabby and white gentlecat. Huey is a white and red tabby
beach ball, Pine Cone is a white and tabby moggy with a lot of moxy, Sonya
is a gray and white tuxedo and Qui Gun Kit is my son's black and white
tuxedo wild child with a catnip habit that should put him into re-hab. They
are a constant source of entertainment, laughter, and sometimes tears. We
wouldn't have it any other way.

Pam S.

Old August 11th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On 10 Aug 2006 07:34:34 -0700, "Jenny" wrote:

Hi guys! I had to join a group for my computer class and I picked this
one because you guys seem to see the humor in cats and who couldn't
love cats?! I have four parasites in total, two of whom are completely
mine. One sleeps on my pillow at night and the other on my feet or
chest every night. I may be completely engrossed in fungus and not
even know it! And my allergist wonders why I can't breathe! So I was
wondering what kind of cats do you guys have? I have two Tonkinese (my
two), and two siamese all of whom are very sweet, very dumb, and VERY
chatty!

Welcome. I have three here, at least for now. Little Bit showed up
here, very skinny and VERY pregnant. I let her inside out of a ice
storm, and a week or so later she had her kittens in the bedroom
closet. As soon as Sammy (the one kitten I didn't find a home for) is
old enough, I'll have to find them both homes. That may take a while,
though, since Sammy is only 4 years old and doesn't seem to be growing
up very fast.

Then there's Spotty. Spotty was also very skinny when she showed up
last year. At least she wasn't pregnant - nope she showed up complete
with four weaned kittens. Lucky thing for me, too, as I was able to
find homes for her kittens before any manged to worm their way into my
heart. I'm still looking for a home for Spot, why I guess it was just
the other day, well may six or nine months. I asked someone if they
wanted a spoiled cat who was always scratching the furniture, tearing
up the newspaper hunting for greeblings. and generally making a pest
of herself testing gravity by knocking things off tables. For some
reason the person I was asking didn't want Spotty.

I'm sure you can tell I'm joking about giving any of my girls away. I
suspect that it's more likely I'll add to the number - though I
already had to go through a battle royal with the land lord to keep
Little Bit and Sammy, and haven't found the right time to mention I
have had a third cat for over a year.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old August 11th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

Jenny wrote:
Hi guys! I had to join a group for my computer class and I picked this
one because you guys seem to see the humor in cats and who couldn't
love cats?! I have four parasites in total, two of whom are completely
mine. One sleeps on my pillow at night and the other on my feet or
chest every night. I may be completely engrossed in fungus and not
even know it! And my allergist wonders why I can't breathe! So I was
wondering what kind of cats do you guys have? I have two Tonkinese (my
two), and two siamese all of whom are very sweet, very dumb, and VERY
chatty!

Welcome to the group, Jenny! I'm Jane and I live in the Washington DC
area with my fungus, AKA Rita. She's a little tortie that I picked out
of the local shelter after my last fungus left for the Rainbow Bridge.
Rita LOVES people, especially men, and hates all other cats, so she's
an only cat for now. She talks to me all the time and considers it her
job to clog up my entire bronchial passage with her dander.
So, had your doctor read you the riot act about owning cats when you're
allergic? Mine has. I will never get rid of my baby!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old August 11th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Thank you Cheryl!
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, it's always so sad. My
two are 12 and I've had them since I was 10 and my parents keep
reminding me that their years are numbered but it's just too depressing
to think about the two angels who have slept on my bed every night for
12 years and went on hunger strikes when I went to college not in my
life anymore, so I just don't. I realized I never told you the names
of my zoo. It was entirely my parents who named them. My two are
Gollum and Gandolf. Note they are 12, which doesn't make us trendy,
just weird. Gandolf is my BEAUTIFUL seal-point tonkinese and Gollum is
my very handsome blue-mink tonkinese. My brother has a very very
handsome, VERY dumb, seal-point siamese named Grendel (we got him the
year the frist Lord of the Rings movie came out and mom didn't want
anyone to think we were trendy so we went with a Bayawolf reference
instead) who is almost 5 now and just in love with my brother and it's
really cute. My parents, well more my dad seeing as how he's her
favorite, have an adorable little seal-point siamese (my mom doesn't
have a thing for the seal-points or anything) named Hobbit. She is
three years old and weighs 4 pounds. She will be kitten size forever
so is just ADORABLE and thus gets away with EVERYTHING. But I love all
of my children even though my two have taken over my room and I am
completely content with the notion that it is their room and I'm
allowed in it most often, and my brother is NEVER allowed in there. I
love my brother we get along amazingly well, but Gandolf HATES him.
I'm so excited to find other "crazy cat people" who belong to their
cats, cats don't belong to you, it's not their nature.

jenny

Old August 11th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Hi Marina!
Thank you so much for the welcome! Russian blues are BEAUTIFUL cats.
I saw one at the vet once and really wanted to take him home...

jenny

Old August 11th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Thank you Pam!
Yea, well, you get four stupid talkers when you let mom pick them all
out. At least they're all really sweet. I'm impressed with 7 cats,
that's a lot of love and a lot of litterboxes! Though it's not like
you can ever give any of them away and your life would seem empty minus
one anyway. That's how my aunt ended up with an even dozen. Now
that's a LOT of cats!!

jenny

Old August 11th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Hi Steve!
Wow, you must have a knack for finding presnant cats. It's written on
your door or something! That is actually how my anut with 12 cats
ended up with half of the 12. Little Caroline had 6 kittens and my
anut just had to keep them ALL. I'm glad you don't find that
completely necessary since cats do like to multiply!

jenny

Old August 11th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jenny

Thank you Jane!!
Rita sounds very fun and really sounds a lot like my princess Gandolf
who is SUCH a princess. She runs the house and only likes her brother
(her actual littermate) Gollum. She fights with Hobbit and beats the
living daylights out of my brother's idiot cat Grendel who is a lot
bigger than her. I love princess cats. You tell them they're
wonderful and beautiful and you're theirs forever. I'll die when I
loose her. I feel so privledged to be her ONLY human in the house.

jenny

Old August 12th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

That was an interesting article. I watched a documentary on parasites
last year and they mentioned this about toxoplasmosis. It was a very
good documentary, wish I could remember its name (produced by the BBC I
think). It had lots of creepy yet very interesting information about
worms and other parasites. Such as treating people suffering from
allergies and auto-immune diseases by infecting them with whipworm.

Oddly enough, I was just think about toxoplamosis today and its effect
on rat behaviour. Largely because my rats freak out when I forget to
wash my hand after petting the cats. I was thinking that my rats must
not have the parasite.

Dewi.

Victor Martinez wrote:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a...09102309990002

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

I feel so much better! Baby Eyes Cat anecdotes 33 September 20th 04 06:25 PM
i feel so guilty cati Cat anecdotes 4 April 23rd 04 02:15 AM
Berfert Don't Feel So Good Tanada Cat anecdotes 23 November 14th 03 02:20 AM
Hairballs: Persia doesn't feel good ? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 8 September 28th 03 09:40 PM
I should feel honoured but I don't catsruleok Cat anecdotes 20 August 21st 03 06:35 AM