Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

Old January 4th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Oh, come ON! Blueberries???

I kept waking up at 3am my last time there and would be awake for hours.
After a few nights I decided to go to a store to get a flashlight to
read in the middle of the night and not wake anyone else up. No one at
the counter knew what a flashlight was and they actually had to call
over a manager to interpret what I was saying! After the fact, I found
out it's called a "torch."

so where are you? in yorkshire? if you are not sure then look around
you; if there are lots of people wearing flat caps, talking about
cricket, putting ferrets down their trousers, and saying "eeee by
gum!!!" on a regular basis then you are in Yorkshire.

Old January 4th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

bookie wrote:

Rhonda wrote:
I kept waking up at 3am my last time there and would be awake for hours.
After a few nights I decided to go to a store to get a flashlight to
read in the middle of the night and not wake anyone else up. No one at
the counter knew what a flashlight was and they actually had to call
over a manager to interpret what I was saying! After the fact, I found
out it's called a "torch."

so where are you? in yorkshire?

In Washington state, right now anyway.

if you are not sure then look around
you; if there are lots of people wearing flat caps, talking about
cricket, putting ferrets down their trousers, and saying "eeee by
gum!!!" on a regular basis then you are in Yorkshire.

I've been up around the Manchester and the Blackpool area --we went
through or past Yorkshire. I didn't get to talk to anyone there but saw
lots of sheep.

Ferrets down their trousers? I don't know if I want to know any details...

The place that couldn't understand my English was in London. If I ever
go again, I'll bring an English/American cheat sheet.

Rhonda

Old January 4th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

Charlie is a very fine writer. He has a CAT, too.

And fans leaping unnecessarily to his defense, as well. Pretty good for
Usenet.
Old January 4th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote

(What is a knobcheese?)

I have heard of "knob-polishing" so I think the knob is
the head of the dick. I bet you can figure out the rest, esp. considering a
lot of Brits are uncircumcised.

Yep, that was it, way different than what I thought! The term sounds so
cute though.

I love British cuss words, one of my favorites is "******." It's such an
adorable word.

Rhonda

Old January 4th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rhonda" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:
"Rhonda" wrote

(What is a knobcheese?)

I have heard of "knob-polishing" so I think the knob is
the head of the dick. I bet you can figure out the rest, esp. considering
a lot of Brits are uncircumcised.

Yep, that was it, way different than what I thought! The term sounds so
cute though.

I love British cuss words, one of my favorites is "******." It's such an
adorable word.

hahaha! It is kind of cute, isn't it?

Old January 4th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
In article ,
"cybercat" wrote:

Charlie is a very fine writer. He has a CAT, too.

And fans leaping unnecessarily to his defense, as well. Pretty good for
Usenet.

That's right, I am President of the Charlie Wilkes Fan Club.

As such, I guess I will blinking decide what is blinking necessary, now
won't I?

: []

Old January 4th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 04 Jan 2007 16:50:07 GMT, "bookie"
wrote:

i wouldn't think a cat would
eat something which woud really harm them

in fact one of my cats used to eat wool

snip
it got stuck inside her intestines and she had to be
taken off to the vets to be cut open to have it removed, silly sausage.

Anyone else see the irony here?

I wish people would refrain from guessing when it comes to health and
safety concerns.

--
Lynne

"First get your facts; then you may distort them at your leisure."
-- Mark Twain
Old January 4th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default OT:HOWS THE JOB HUNTING GOING?

bookie

actually thinking about it, it wasn't meant for charlie wilkes but for
hamandcheese whoever he/she is

I am getting confused now, thats what comes of hopping back and forth
to this group in between filling in long and tedious job applications

sorry

Hi,
I was just wondering how the tedious job hunting Is going.
I don't know If this is your experience, but I have found that some
firms don't even have the bloody courtesy to even reply?!!
Bit much really when you have taken the trouble to ask nicely, Is it?
S.

Old January 4th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:27:32 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

Subject: OT:HOWS THE JOB HUNTING GOING?

Hey Sheelagh, see how your subject line is in all capital letters, and
remember when Cybercat was asking you to turn off the caps lock? 'Caps' is
short for capital letters.

I find you to be a sweetheart, but the all caps thing is still really
annoying.

Now that doesn't mean you should bow to my wishes! Of course you
shouldn't!! Just keep in mind that on Usenet and on many forums it is
considered yelling when you type in all capital letters... And it's
irritating as hell. JMO (=just my opinion)

Thanks!

Old January 4th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:10:15 GMT, "bookie"
wrote:

'****' is a generic term for anyone of either gender
who is basically being an a-hole or displaying uncommonly high levels
of stupidity (or low levels of intelligence, whichever you prefer)

In case anyone still isn't clear:

Twit is what Bookie is most of the time when she's giving cat advice, and
**** is what Bookie is when she's ranting at someone. HTH!