RIP Grandcat

Old May 3rd 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default RIP Grandcat

Sherry wrote:
Orion had to be PTS. About a year and a half ago he was diagnosed with
vaccination-associated sarcoma cancer. He received chemo, which slowed
down the progression but unfortunately it continued to spread. The
last year he seemed largely unaffected (except for the appearance of a
large lump on his shoulder), and
continued to have a good quality of life. Unfortunately, he recently
had begun hiding, a sure sign when a cat is
not feeling well; then the tumor burst through the skin. It was time.

Oh no! I didn't know that Orion had cancer! I really dislike cancer.
I hate the waiting, waiting for the cancer to win after you've been
told that you've lost. Living each day as though it were already a
memory of the past.

He was still a pretty young cat. I actually thought he was a bit
older since he's been retired for many years, and he's so big.
Old May 3rd 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Sherry wrote:
He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and that
owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a funny-
looking little
kitten that I never thought would grow into the size of his ears. I
already miss him.

I'm so sorry, Sherry. Our condolences and purrs for Orion's family.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 3rd 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

Condolences.
Old May 3rd 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Sherry wrote:
Orion had to be PTS. About a year and a half ago he was diagnosed with
vaccination-associated sarcoma cancer. He received chemo, which slowed
down the progression but unfortunately it continued to spread. The
last year he seemed largely unaffected (except for the appearance of a
large lump on his shoulder), and
continued to have a good quality of life. Unfortunately, he recently
had begun hiding, a sure sign when a cat is
not feeling well; then the tumor burst through the skin. It was time.

He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and that
owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a funny-
looking little
kitten that I never thought would grow into the size of his ears. I
already miss him.

Sherry

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...." It's hard to let you go.

Sincere condolences to those who mourn. MLB
Old May 3rd 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

Ah, Sherry, I'm so, so sorry to hear that. Orion was a magnificent example
of a Maine Coon. Purrs are on the way to help heal your breaking hearts,
and a candle will be lit tonight to help guide Orion on his way to the
Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 3rd 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On May 2, 11:04*pm, Sherry wrote:
..

He was twelve years old, a tabby Maine Coon; with a personality true
to the "gentle giant" breed. He was a one-owner cat for sure, and that
owner is just heartbroken. It seems like yesterday he was a funny-
looking little
kitten that I never thought would grow into the size of his ears. *I
already miss him.

He sounds like a really lovely cat- I certainly emphasize with the
image of a kitten with big ears- Sarrasine as a kitten had a big nose
and we alwways used to think "will she grow into it?" whilst calling
her "Conky" (cruel i know)

Purrs for Orion's journey and for you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 3rd 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

I'm so sorry to hear of this Sherry Purrs for his safe trip to The Bridge
and for your broken heart. You gave him a wonderful life and he loved you
for that.
In sorrow
Kyla

"Sherry"

Old May 4th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

wrote:
I'm so sorry, for you and for his sad human. I can just picture Orion -
he sounds like he was a great cat.

Yes, you can picture Orion - this picture will be familiar to you:

http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/jamieorion2.jpg

And with Ernie (faceplant) and Roscoe (snout):

http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/jamieorion3.jpg

Thank you for posting those! You're right, I do remember them, especially
the first. That is the most cozy-looking kitty (and girl!).

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 4th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 2, 11:04*pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry, Sherry.