Microchiped question

Old January 23rd 11, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

Default Microchiped question

We had all three cats microchipped. I was told at the vet's office last
week that there would be a one time charge for registering each cat,
included in the $47 fee to insert the chip. No yearly fees. But reading the
literature they sent home with me, it says there's a yearly fee of $15.
WTF? Not to the vet but to HomeAgain. Has anyone else heard of this? The
tech works there for a long time so I can't see how she could have not
known. I was also supposed to get a confirmation by email from HomeAgain and
haven't got anything yet.

Suggestions. Opinions. Anyone......?

Old January 24th 11, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Home Again DOES charge an annual fee. I believe they always have
charged this feel.

Avid, another pet microchip company, does not. With Avid (all our cats
have this brand), you pay an intial registration fee and, unless
there's a change in owner or address, don't pay any other fee.

IMO I would talk to the vet and explain your disappointment. They
should really communicate this annual fee to their customers so there
is no confusion.
Old January 25th 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
obsidianjg

On Jan 23, 6:46*pm, "Rene S." wrote:
Home Again DOES charge an annual fee. I believe they always have
charged this feel.

Avid, another pet microchip company, does not. With Avid (all our cats
have this brand), you pay an intial registration fee and, unless
there's a change in owner or address, don't pay any other fee.

IMO I would talk to the vet and explain your disappointment. They
should really communicate this annual fee to their customers so there
is no confusion.

I have my cats microchipped with HomeAgain. I also was at first
disappointed when I read about the fee. But after reading the fine
print, the fee is actually an insurance for when the pet gets lost.
They will then contact everyone they have in their list in your area
about the lost cat. If it is found and injured they cover the costs up
to a point for vets, surgery and medication. If you don't pay the fee,
you don't get the insurance. Your pet will still be in their database,
and you can still get help in finding it. You just don't have the
insurance to cover costs in the instance the found cat is injured.
Old January 31st 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Rene S." wrote in message
Home Again DOES charge an annual fee. I believe they always have
charged this feel.

No. I found out they do not. There is an annual fee, but for something
else.

Avid, another pet microchip company, does not. With Avid (all our cats
have this brand), you pay an intial registration fee and, unless
there's a change in owner or address, don't pay any other fee.

IMO I would talk to the vet and explain your disappointment. They
should really communicate this annual fee to their customers so there
is no confusion.

I did call them and she explained a lot to me. She was off the day I had
them done.

CAT QUESTION Skyb33 Cat health & behaviour 3 November 23rd 09 08:10 PM
a question laurie w Cat anecdotes 2 July 17th 05 02:04 PM
Cat Collar Question / Cat harness question Suzanne via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 1 May 8th 05 07:27 AM
New cat question & weight question ElvisRocks Cat health & behaviour 6 April 1st 05 08:22 AM
question about my cat Kristine Quilici Cat health & behaviour 3 November 11th 03 02:37 PM