Dry Food Good For Teeth and Gum Health?

Old July 20th 05, 10:19 AM
Brad

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:06:54 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Also, I never believed in "let the baby cry until he/she stops". If they
are crying, then they need something - even if that something is just the
closeness of mommy. That said my children were *not* spoiled, were *not*
"brats" (they didn't get *anything* they cried/whined for as far as toys or
junk food - but they *ALWAYS* got cuddles and hugs when they needed them).
Because of this they were always very well liked and sociable and turned out
to be happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults who have successful
families/career/lives. The security and self-confidence of *knowing* that
they were loved and cared-for helped them overcome the "angst" of childhood,
let them by-pass all of the behavioral problems of pre-teens and teens, and
carried them along into adulthood.

To each his own I guess but if he cried for more than six hours or
loud enough I couldn't turn the television up loud enough to hear I
would go and slap the hell out of em till he fell asleep, you
certainly didn't disguise your attack on me (totally unprovoked I
might add).

I guess never hugging or cuddling them didn't help much either. If I
had only known you twenty some years ago maybe I could have saved my
boys from the maladjusted lifestyle that has turned them into scars
upon all mankind.

Do you think using the" let em cry as long as you know they have
everything they need theory" is why your kids turned out so successful
and mine are both disgusting losers who by the way are both under
arrest right now for a variety of felonies. Which by the way is
nonsense they look pretty much alike, sure one of em is guilty but the
other one isn't, not yet anyway but after reading your post I'm sure
its only a matter of time until they are both in jail.

After the first couple of sentences of your above paragraph I was all
set to say something about how those of us who have guided our
offsrpring through this difficult and dangerous period where peer
pressure and drugs was thrust upon as early as grade school should be
proud of themselves.

But by the time I finished that paragraph I felt like I was being
personally attacked hinting that.....hell no not hinting blatantly
insinuating that my kids were unloved, I gotta tell you which I am
sure you don't care about, but I am terribly disappointed that you
felt like you had to attack me. If you don't believe me clear your
mind and carefully read your above paragraph like I wrote it to you.

It sounds like you are trying to convince me that you were a good
parent which was unnecessary in the first place, I know nothing about
you, but even if you were can't you do it without bringing someone
down??

Sorry for the babbling, but this has me totally confused and I would
like to hear if this was an attack against me or if I was off base on
how I interpreted your post. I have been sitting here for an hour
wondering if I should even reply or not but its driving me crazy.

But please do me a favor and read the paragraph from my perspective
and see if you can understand my concerns.

Scratching my head?? That could be from seldom washing my hair and not
using soap when I do wash it.

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old July 20th 05, 10:27 AM
Brad

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:04:06 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

I *hate* it when people say, "let them cry, it won't hurt them, they'll
learn to shut up". What they *learn* is that they can't depend on the one
person who is their sole "life support"! They become insecure, afraid, feel
like their needs are not important so have less self-respect. Sheesh - way
to rear a healthy child, huh?!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh you hate that do you.........must be the reason you were such an
ass to me when I did nothing to you......you don't think babies are
smart enough to dangle you by a string at a very young age? When my
kids did cry I would know something is wrong because they learned that
I wasn't a puppet on a string.

I could easily argue the point with you but I don't care to have a
discussion with someone that can't carry on a conversation but would
rather attack someone who happens to have a different point of view.

I hope your kids didn't pick up being obnoxious from you.

Old July 20th 05, 10:32 AM
Brad

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:27:24 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

neurotic culture; we want to keep him as free from armoring as
possible.

CatNipped

Oddly enough neurotic seems to fit your personality perfectly.

OK I am done you ****ed me off so much with that first post I
commented on I couldn't help taking some shots back at you, but only
because you deserved them.

Take your shots I won't discuss something with a crazy woman who I
find it hard to believe you could bring your kids up normally when you
are so out of control.......must be that Dad had some common sense.

Old July 20th 05, 10:49 AM
Brad

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 03:42:09 -0400, "Phil P."
wrote:

"My question is more about the washer and dryer than the door. Will
that be distraction to the kitten enough that he might shy away from
it being by the appliances? Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too."

My God Phil you are sick you are saving my posts??

I have used the febreeze thing twice evidently once was about my son
in the dorms and the other one was the above, I was wrong you were
right. Have you ever said those words Phil? I doubt it.

The other time may have been here also but you wouldn't show that but
it was probably in another newsgroup.

Matter of fact I am close to leaving this newsgroup, there are some
good people here but some real sicko's too. And you Phil you scare me,
I made an offhanded comment about you having tons of word documents so
you can copy and paste but now I find out that you also use it to keep
track of peoples posts?? YIKES.....is all I can say to that.......

I know I said I wouldn't post to you anymore but I should have waited
until I was done finishing the newsgroup today you continue to open
your sick mind to me.

Old July 20th 05, 12:13 PM
Phil P.

wrote:

Brad Wrote:

"My question is more about the washer and dryer than the door. Will
that be distraction to the kitten enough that he might shy away from
it being by the appliances? Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too."

My God Phil you are sick you are saving my posts??

I had to! It was one of the funniest posts I ever read! LOL!

I have used the febreeze thing twice evidently once was about my son
in the dorms and the other one was the above,

Ah, so you lied when you said you were joking when you said you sprayed your
dirty clothes with Febreeze and then put them back on!

I was wrong you were
right. Have you ever said those words Phil? I doubt it.

Give me a minute, I'm thinking. LOL!

The other time may have been here also but you wouldn't show that but
it was probably in another newsgroup.

Matter of fact I am close to leaving this newsgroup,

I'll really miss you. You have no idea how hard it is to find someone as
funny as you. I believed you when you said you had a lot friends. They
hang out with you because you make them laugh.

there are some
good people here but some real sicko's too. And you Phil you scare me,
I made an offhanded comment about you having tons of word documents so
you can copy and paste but now I find out that you also use it to keep
track of peoples posts?? YIKES.....is all I can say to that.......

Only the exceptionally funny ones like yours. I need it as proof that
someone like you actually exists! LOL! Darwinian researchers are looking
for people like you who are making the return trip to study.

I know I said I wouldn't post to you anymore but I should have waited
until I was done finishing the newsgroup today you continue to open
your sick mind to me.

I know, you couldn't resist. LOL!

Come back again when you can't stay so long.

Old July 20th 05, 06:29 PM
CatNipped

wrote:

[...]

No, it wasn't an attack, I'm sorry you saw it that way. I was just stating
my child-rearing preferences. In another post I quoted part of a study on
this very issue and you took *that* as an attack also, even though it didn't
originate with me. It just makes me scratch *my* head and wonder about why
you are so defensive about this issue.

Old July 24th 05, 03:57 AM
Brad

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:29:10 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

No, it wasn't an attack, I'm sorry you saw it that way. I was just stating
my child-rearing preferences. In another post I quoted part of a study on
this very issue and you took *that* as an attack also, even though it didn't
originate with me. It just makes me scratch *my* head and wonder about why
you are so defensive about this issue.

I credited you with more common sense or honesty or both, you even
admitted later that the issue is a "hot button" for you and if you
would have taken the time to read it as I asked I think you would have
recognized that it certainly looked like an attack on me.

If you say it wasn't I will take your word for it and bury the
hatchet.

Old July 24th 05, 02:44 PM
Steve Crane

Brad wrote:
Steve don't you believe that right or wrong the canned as well as the
dry manufacturers put all of their know how and the best iingredients
into their best blend which unfortuneately relates to most expensive
ie: more research better quality base food, plus the best of
nutrients.

I know what you or I would like to see makes little difference in this
imperfect world I believe most of the companies would dupe us by
fixing the test blend in hopes we would think they are all the same.

I may not answer this right - but what I think you are saying is that
the testing would be "fixed" by virtue of using a known control food.
The reason that Purina cat chow or dog chow is often used as the
control food is because it is the most commonly fed moderate brand of
food and available everywhere. It represents the majority of what cats
and dogs are fed around the world. The importance of using a commonly
used control food is that it also allows some comparison from one study
to the the next. If Iams does a study comparing thier product to Purina
cat chow, and then Royal Canin does a similar study, in a small way at
least, it allows some comparison of the Iams products to the Royal
Canin products. It's nowhere near exact - but for many researchers it
gives them some ideas.

I may be an idealist when it comes to this next statement but I do
believe if in fact one particular type canned or dry was in fact
better that someone would be able to prove it especially with the
claims that the dry is actually harmful to the cats. I for one am
going to bow out of this one for I have no expertise except for
testimonials and I have already explained those so I will read on to
become as knowledgeable as I can be and hold my breath until the next
canned vs dry thread appears.

Unfortunately the cost of such a study is huge. In order to do this
right you would need to incorporate at least a couple thousand cats.
Provide white bag (no label, no clues, double blind) foods from each of
the major manufacturer over the entire lives of the cats. These would
have to be cats in normal household under normal stress with all the
normal activities and actions that happen in the home. This would
likely be a 20 years plus test. In order to have enough cats left at
the end of the test period it would take hundreds of cats for each food
to be statistically relevant. Nobody has that kind of money.