Baby boy update and pics

Old August 10th 05, 07:38 AM
Marina

Default Baby boy update and pics

The baby boy has gunky eyes, has had them for some time now. The
fosterer took him to TED, but they said not to do anything but wipe them
with boiled water unless they start turning red. They're still very
messy, but not red, so I'll wait a few days more and see if they improve.

He found the toy bag and has been happily playing with mousies and
balls. Miranda watched him very intently, and even forgot to hiss when
his ball rolled close to her and he followed it, almost slamming into
her. He's also discovered the cat tree and has been killing it several
times. Must be infested with cat tree greeblings.

New pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 10th 05, 11:01 AM
Exocat

"Marina" wrote
The baby boy has gunky eyes, has had them for some time now. New
pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

Purrs for the adorable's eyes to dry up soon, but if you do TED him you
might
think about a worming tablet too in case his pot belly is caused by
roundworms:
I was surprised to learn that kittens should be wormed at least once a
month
initially (some say once a fortnight).

AAMOI, how heavy is he? Claudius made 2 kilos at a day over 3 months
old.

Purrs

G & the TT

Old August 10th 05, 11:53 AM
Marina

Exocat wrote:

Purrs for the adorable's eyes to dry up soon, but if you do TED him you
might
think about a worming tablet too in case his pot belly is caused by
roundworms:
I was surprised to learn that kittens should be wormed at least once a
month
initially (some say once a fortnight).

AAMOI, how heavy is he? Claudius made 2 kilos at a day over 3 months
old.

Wow. Miranda was 2.3 kg at 6 months old, when she was spayed. I just
weighed the kitten. He's exactly 2, I would have thought less. 9oii
(---- Stripey's comment, maybe that's what he's aiming for. His paws
are big enough, maybe he'll make it to 9 kg).

Yes the pot belly is starting to worry me. He's very gassy too, which I
believe is another possible sign of worms. He's been wormed, at least
his pet passport states that he's been wormed, but since it also states
that he was born on 10th March, I don't know how much credit I should
give it. The vaccinagtion info all looks very official with the vet's
name stamped all over the place, but..

Another possibility might be allergies - runny eyes, a bit snuffly,
gassy. Maybe his tummy didn't like the adult Royal Canin dry he was
given at the fosterer's? (He was gassy on the first night, before I'd
given him anything to eat.) I have some quality wet kitten food for him,
and he's had some meat, too. If it's allergies, I think it should clear
up soon. I wouldn't want to haul him off to TED right away, but maybe
I'll have to.

Old August 10th 05, 12:02 PM
Debbie Wilson

Marina wrote:

Another possibility might be allergies - runny eyes, a bit snuffly,
gassy. Maybe his tummy didn't like the adult Royal Canin dry he was
given at the fosterer's? (He was gassy on the first night, before I'd
given him anything to eat.) I have some quality wet kitten food for him,
and he's had some meat, too. If it's allergies, I think it should clear
up soon. I wouldn't want to haul him off to TED right away, but maybe
I'll have to.

Marina, if you do take him to the TED, get them to test his runny eyes
for Chlamydia infection. There is a simple fluorescent paper strip they
can test the tears with, like a litmus test. This is a very common cause
of persistently runny eyes. It can be easily treated with an antibiotic
ointment course, but it's worth checking as it is infectious to other
cats. May not be that, of course.

Gassiness is quite often a disagreement between the food type and the
digestive system of the recipient :-) Kittens should ideally be wormed
once a month up until about 6 months of age, then every 4-6 months after
that. Apologies if you knew all this already, it's just that rescue
kittens tend to have had a rougher start in life than pedigrees such as
Mir-mir, so they might have more little problems that show up until they
settle down into the new home and feeding routine. He is adorable, by
the way, loved all the photos :-)

Deb.

--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old August 10th 05, 01:25 PM
Adrian

Marina wrote:
The baby boy has gunky eyes, has had them for some time now. The
fosterer took him to TED, but they said not to do anything but wipe
them with boiled water unless they start turning red. They're still
very messy, but not red, so I'll wait a few days more and see if they
improve.

He found the toy bag and has been happily playing with mousies and
balls. Miranda watched him very intently, and even forgot to hiss when
his ball rolled close to her and he followed it, almost slamming into
her. He's also discovered the cat tree and has been killing it several
times. Must be infested with cat tree greeblings.

New pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

Great pictures! I love the one of him lying on your laptop. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 10th 05, 01:34 PM
SuzQ

A very attractive Stripey boy. And such ears!
Suz

Old August 10th 05, 01:50 PM
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
with boiled water unless they start turning red. They're still very
messy, but not red, so I'll wait a few days more and see if they improve.

They look ok to me. I wouldn't worry about it, unless they get worse.

New pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

AWWWWW!!!!! He's a cutie!!!!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 10th 05, 01:53 PM
CatNipped

"Marina" wrote in message
The baby boy has gunky eyes, has had them for some time now. The
fosterer took him to TED, but they said not to do anything but wipe them
with boiled water unless they start turning red. They're still very
messy, but not red, so I'll wait a few days more and see if they improve.

He found the toy bag and has been happily playing with mousies and
balls. Miranda watched him very intently, and even forgot to hiss when
his ball rolled close to her and he followed it, almost slamming into
her. He's also discovered the cat tree and has been killing it several
times. Must be infested with cat tree greeblings.

New pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

Aw, what a cutie! I love the one with his little tongue sticking out!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 10th 05, 03:12 PM
Marina

Debbie Wilson wrote:

Apologies if you knew all this already, it's just that rescue
kittens tend to have had a rougher start in life than pedigrees such as
Mir-mir, so they might have more little problems that show up until they
settle down into the new home and feeding routine. He is adorable, by
the way, loved all the photos :-)

No apology necessary, always happy to get a knowledgeable opinion. As
you say, Miranda was very carefully vetted from birth and born inside in
the first place, so had no nasties, and it's been such a long time since
Franlk (and Nikki) were kittens that i don't remember this stuff. I just
e-mailed the fosterer to ask her what the vet tested him for last week,
but she hasn't answered yet. Then I rang the cats-only vet, and they
didn't seem to think it's anything acute. Got an appointment for Baby
Boy (arrgh, can't call him that!) and Frank next Tuesday. Frank needs
his thyroid values checked, and his claws clipped for the first time
ever. I hadn't realised his claws are getting so long, but on the wooden
floor here in the new place, he sounds like a d*g walking around - click
click click. They said thyroid problems can make the claws grow faster,
which I hadn't heard before. You learn something every day!

Old August 10th 05, 04:09 PM
Karen

OK. THIS http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18710855TeAtuJ

is hysterical. What a cutie!!!!!! You are so lucky to have such a cutie.
Miranda has "interested ears". Won't be long now.

"Marina" wrote in message
The baby boy has gunky eyes, has had them for some time now. The
fosterer took him to TED, but they said not to do anything but wipe them
with boiled water unless they start turning red. They're still very
messy, but not red, so I'll wait a few days more and see if they improve.

He found the toy bag and has been happily playing with mousies and
balls. Miranda watched him very intently, and even forgot to hiss when
his ball rolled close to her and he followed it, almost slamming into
her. He's also discovered the cat tree and has been killing it several
times. Must be infested with cat tree greeblings.

New pictures starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...18701488vocdjB

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Kady update - 8 days laurie w Cat health & behaviour 2 June 9th 05 04:53 AM
New Foster Pics JoJo Cat anecdotes 18 June 27th 04 09:33 PM
Kitten update Marina Cat anecdotes 32 May 8th 04 10:44 AM
New Pics added (was Weeble Update - Week 3: LITEERBOX!!!!!!!!) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 September 14th 03 09:48 PM
PK (Pre kitten) update - The Money Shot Stacey Cat anecdotes 4 August 19th 03 06:03 PM