ah, now what? Skin problems.

Old May 12th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default ah, now what? Skin problems.

Recently, I noticed that the hair on Meep's belly seems thinner than
normal. I've not been sure, so I've just kept an eye on it. Today when
I checked, I noticed two things:

A couple of red spots, looks like bites. She's on
Stronghold/Revolution, so they shouldn't be flea bites. Could be that
she's poked herself on some of the nasty weeds in this yard (we've just
moved in, I'm working on killing them). Anything in particular that
could be biting a cat's belly? Would a mosquito be able to get in there?

(she's an indoor cat, but may spend up to an hour or so per day outside)

Also, further up and dead on her centerline, is a perfectly round area
with no hair, around 1.5cm or 1/2", give or take. It's a bit odd
looking. It doesn't look like ringworm, the skin isn't scaly, but
there's tiny squiggly dark spots around the edges of the bald area -
seems like a discoloration but probably aren't.

Her belly seems quite warm too, but that could be because she's spending
a lot of time on her reflective pad - it quite suddenly went to winter
here down under...

The thinner-than-normal hair predates the red spots and bald spot by
some time (weeks?). Aside from licking, what could be causing the hair
to thin out on her belly?

It's Saturday night here and this obviously isn't life threatening, so I
can wait until Monday to call the vet and make an appointment.

But until then, anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? If you
can back up your thoughts with a webpage that has pictures, that'd be
great. I didn't find many pics of feline ringworm, but what I found
looks nothing like what she has.

jmc
Old May 12th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 12, 9:18 am, jmc wrote:

But until then, anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? If you
can back up your thoughts with a webpage that has pictures

why not just let your cat grow old gracefully

do you watch her while she's taking a crap?

Old May 12th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote in message
Recently, I noticed that the hair on Meep's belly seems thinner than
normal. I've not been sure, so I've just kept an eye on it. Today when I
checked, I noticed two things:

A couple of red spots, looks like bites. She's on Stronghold/Revolution,
so they shouldn't be flea bites.

Why on earth is she on flea poison at her age?

Do you let this old cat outside????

Old May 12th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bluedove

JMC,

Stop the 'Revolution', period. I really don't trust that stuff. Case in
point, when I recently went in a vets office to pick up some California
Natural dry food, a young woman walked in with her cat wrapped in a blanket.
The lady behind the counter had been pushing me into buying "Revolution",
but since I know this stuff is a major pesticide, I declined. I asked the
woman who came in with her cat what was wrong with her cat? And then she
said, "Oh, she's had a bad skin reaction to some thing I put on her". I
asked what it was? She said, "Revolution". JMC, believe me when I say to
you that this isn't the first time I have heard this, either.

There are* herbal types of flea collars for cats that my health food store
sells, and that's exactly what I plan on buying for my 4 cat babies from now
on.

ML

Old May 13th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matilda

"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

Old May 13th 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 12, 11:27 pm, "Matilda" wumpygirl@yahoo-dot-com wrote:
"jmc" wrote in message

[...]

you talking to me? my ass? pictures?

brb

Old May 13th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

"Barry"

Barry what is up with your email I got a bounce back from it

Old May 13th 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On May 13, 12:38 am, "Matthew" wrote:
"Barry"

Barry what is up with your email I got a bounce back from it

i did the deed
cool deal!

Old May 13th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Barry" wrote
Why don't you post a picture somewhere?

you talking to me? my ass? pictures?

brb

You are in so much trouble.

:

Old May 13th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Barry exclaimed (12-May-07 11:38 PM):
On May 12, 9:18 am, jmc wrote:

But until then, anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? If you
can back up your thoughts with a webpage that has pictures

why not just let your cat grow old gracefully

do you watch her while she's taking a crap?

OH, so I'm supposed to not pay attention to my cat at all? What a load
of bull****. Cats don't show they're actually sick until they're
*really* sick, a good cat owner knows a cat's normal state of being so
they can tell when things go wrong *before* the cat gets so ill they
can't hide it anymore.

And, yes, actually I do. She has cystitis attacks and constipation, so
I do watch her litterbox habits.

My cat is getting old BECAUSE I notice when she's not feeling well.

jmc