Opposite of catnip?

Old April 19th 05, 07:55 AM
Jeffrey Kaplan

Default Opposite of catnip?

Is there anything that is essentially the opposite of catnip?

My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
time now. I'm certain she isn't, because she's an indoor cat (whether
she likes it or not) and the catnip is sealed in an airtight container.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"The little creep gets around." (Officer Morishi, B5 "Convictions")
Old April 19th 05, 01:41 PM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:55:12 -0400, Jeffrey Kaplan
wrote:

Is there anything that is essentially the opposite of catnip?

My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
time now. I'm certain she isn't, because she's an indoor cat (whether
she likes it or not) and the catnip is sealed in an airtight container.

There are other things that may cause your cat to act that way.
Clorine bleach smells do it for my cat. He literally attacks my bath
towels. He also goes crazy for my dirty clothes sometimes. He loves
me, what can I say?

pepsi
Old April 19th 05, 01:42 PM
Ted Davis

wrote:

Is there anything that is essentially the opposite of catnip?

My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
time now. I'm certain she isn't, because she's an indoor cat (whether
she likes it or not) and the catnip is sealed in an airtight container.

In this case, age is the best antidote: she'll outgrow it. Kittens,
like most children, are somewhat hyperactive at certain ages.

--
T.E.D. )
Old April 19th 05, 06:35 PM
Mathew Kagis

"Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote in message
teinc.com...

SNIP

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"The little creep gets around." (Officer Morishi, B5 "Convictions")

Don't know about an 'anti' catnip, but I am curious about your B5 quote....
Is it in reference to 'Bester'? The lovely cheif of the psy-cops?
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 19th 05, 08:44 PM
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that Ted Davis claimed:

; Is there anything that is essentially the opposite of catnip?
;
; My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
; past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
; time now. I'm certain she isn't, because she's an indoor cat (whether
; she likes it or not) and the catnip is sealed in an airtight container.
;
; In this case, age is the best antidote: she'll outgrow it. Kittens,
; like most children, are somewhat hyperactive at certain ages.

Yeah, I know. But meanwhile, I would like to be able to get her to
just chill out sometimes.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"You know the way of command. Yes, the Wind Swords are right to fear
you." (Jha'dur, B5 "Deathwalker")
Old April 19th 05, 08:51 PM
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that kaeli claimed:

; My recently adopted (about a month ago) 15 week old kitten has for the
; past two weeks been acting like she's high on catnip about half the
; time now.
;
; How so?

For no apparent reason, she'll just go wild. Running around the condo,
trying to climb me or just running up to me and giving my leg a "claw
hug" and then running away, attacking the bottom step, etc. All with a
wild look (eyes wide, pupils dilated, ears pulled up and back). And
usually when I'm either trying to work or I'm too achy or tired to play
with her.

This then also results in her not being in the mood to play when I'm
available to play with her.

I'm not a stranger to cats, but the last kitten I had was when I was a
child, some 25~30 years ago.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I have done 400 years of penance in their service. A job for which
they said I was ideally suited. Now, perhaps they will finally let me
die." "I think that might be wise." (Sebastian/Jack and Capt.
Sheridan, B5 "Comes The Inquisitor")
Old April 19th 05, 08:57 PM
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that Mathew Kagis claimed:

; "The little creep gets around." (Officer Morishi, B5 "Convictions")
;
; Don't know about an 'anti' catnip, but I am curious about your B5 quote....
; Is it in reference to 'Bester'? The lovely cheif of the psy-cops?

Nope. B5's own terror bomber Robert Carlson. Season three, episode
two. http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/046.html

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"I can't leave without an explanation. She'll be all over me." "It
looks to me like she's already all over you." (Capt. Sheridan and Cmdr.
Ivanova, B5 "Voices Of Authority")

Why does catnip/catmint affect cats? sarah Cat health & behaviour 14 April 12th 05 04:55 AM
Catnip. The good stuff this time. Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 34 December 9th 04 01:43 AM
Catnip again Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 October 24th 04 09:16 PM
Catnip styles Dan M Cat anecdotes 20 February 8th 04 04:21 PM
Catnip effect? Chakolate Cat health & behaviour 14 October 15th 03 06:12 PM