How long to leave cat

Old January 26th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How long to leave cat

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad
Old January 26th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote:
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

How many days are you talking about? Who's cleaning the litter box? Most
cats don't like dirty litter boxes; it encourages them to find other spots
to pee/poop on and trust me, when they get upset they definitely will
display their anger this way. I scoop Persia's box twice a day.

How do you define "plenty" of food & water? And doesn't Bert require some
personal attention? Someone to pat him, play with him and say hey, your
"dad" didn't abandon you, he'll be back.

Jill

Old January 26th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"avalanche" wrote in message
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

Change the lady, not the cat. The comment you credit her with shows a
materialistic tendency more than a caring one.

Cheers, helen s

Old January 26th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote:
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

Leave her instead, if she can't accept your cat she's not worth knowing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 26th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
Change the lady, not the cat. The comment you credit her with shows a
materialistic tendency more than a caring one.

What she said.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote in
:

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

Your lady has given you a peak at what she will always be like. My way or
the highway.
Old January 26th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"avalanche" wrote in message
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

Brad, I would suggest you look for another lady, one less concerned with
"things" and more concerned with sentient creatures. Not only would I not
allow my lover's cat to be abandoned, but I would not want my lover to deal
with the repercussions of leaving his cat.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 26th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bobblespin wrote in

Your lady has given you a peak at what she will always be like. My

way or the highway.

oops, I meant to write "peek".
Old January 26th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

avalanche wrote:
My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

There's no future in your relationship with her.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 26th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My lady doesn't want my cat, Bert, to visit - 'he'll destroy my...' So
I leave him.

For how many days/nights is that fair/ok?

Studio apt. Plenty food//water.

-Brad

For the record, here is our guideline:

1. Cats alone in the house, with extra food/water, and radio left on
to keep them "company" -- Maximum two nights.
2. Cats alone in the house, with radio left on, with someone coming to
check in on them every day and put down fresh food and water and clean
litter -- Maximum four nights.
3. Five nights or more, a kennel where they will be supervised for
their stay and receive playtime and one-on-one snuggle time, with toys
provided by us.

That being said, if your lady won't accept your cat in her house, is
there any chance she will accept your cat in her life? I suspect not.
Therefore, if you want a relationship to be anything more than this one
is now--if you are interested in a relationship with you & a woman
living under the same roof--you might want to consider other
candidates.

--Fil