A sad message from BlueBird

Old September 4th 03, 03:11 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 07:44:02 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

I got this e-mail from BlueBird today.

Joy

I just came from the vet. I KNEW Little Bit was sick. Everyone said
not to bother because they were all things cats just do, but I've always
known when my animals are sick. Maybe because I just love them so much
and have had a LOT of them...... whatever, I knew even though I don't
have the money this month, I HAD to take her. I was right, but wish
with all my heart that I'd been wrong. Her kidneys are shutting down.
It's BAD. The vet, because I asked for the bottom line with no games
etc...... told me that she will probably have to be put to sleep within
a week's time. He told me to call him in 4-5 days. He tried some
things, but told me honestly that he didn't believe, because of all his
years of experience, that anything would work. He knows what she means
to me. She has literally saved my life, or at the least my emotional
health. She's made my life so much better than it was. I owe her so
very much. I know I'll deal with it and get through it somehow. But
right now, I just don't know how !!!! I feel like my heart just stopped
beating. I want to spend every second I can with Little Bit. Trouble
is all she wants to do is to hide, like an animal normally does when
they know they are dying. My heart is breaking.

So sorry to hear that your Little Bit is so sick. Purrs and prayers
that she beats the prognosis.
Old September 4th 03, 03:20 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Yoj wrote:

[...]

I'm so very sorry! We all go through it, sooner or later - ufortunately
our pets just don't have as long a life span as humans do, but it's
never easy. (And of course hardest of all when it's a fur person you've
been really close with.) Melisande and I send purrs that you will find
the strength and courage to get through it, and find another furry
friend to console you, when the time is right.
Old September 4th 03, 03:56 AM
Sam Nash

"Yoj" wrote in message
I got this e-mail from BlueBird today.

snipped
Mega-purrs on the way for Little Bit and BlueBird.
Sam

Old September 4th 03, 06:33 AM
LOL

"Yoj" wrote in message ...
[...]

What a shame - I am so sorry to read this. Heartfelt purrs to
BlueBird and Little Bit.
------
Krista
Old September 4th 03, 07:34 AM
Jean H

God I am so sorry! I know what you are going through because I have been
there
my darling Henri who also meant the world to me, had kidney failure,like
you, I knew
he was sick I've been through the story before so I wont tell it again,
anyway I cant
see the keys to write anymore your pain is too close to me god bless you
both and
help you through this dreadful time hugs jp

Old September 4th 03, 02:47 PM
dsh-diva

What sad news, Many many purrs for your sad heart BlueBird, and for
LIttleBit. Please know our thoughts are with you. Jennie, Xena and
Callisto

Old September 5th 03, 02:26 PM
Adrian

Yoj wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{BlueBird}}}}}}}}}}}

Old September 7th 03, 08:14 AM
Yoj

I talked to BlueBird today. First, she wanted me to thank you all for
your messages. She is printing them and saving them in what she calls
her LittleBit book. She says it will give her great comfort to read
them later.

Second, she explained a little more about LittleBit's problem. It seems
she was born with defective kidneys. BB said there were holes in the
kidneys. I'm not sure if that's it, but apparently it is a problem she
was born with. BB has since learned that a littermate of LittleBit died
a few months ago of the same thing. LittleBit is about a year and a
half old, so apparently it's a genetic defect.

She appreciates the suggestions, but apparently her doctor has already
thought of everything. Someone mentioned the possibility of a
transplant, and she said the doctor had told her LittleBit was not a
good candidate for a transplant.

She says you people are the best!

--
Joy

Normal is in the eye of the beholder. -- Whoopie Goldberg

"GKiuchi" wrote in message
Hi Joy!

Yes! We agree with Fuga's slave! Comet was diagnosed with chronic

kidney
failure last fall. We too were devastated at the news...but with

treatment her
quality of life is very good. There is hope for Little Bit!

Please let Bluebird know we are sending Power Purrs!!

Gennie, Alan and Comet

Can you let bluebird know not to give up. There are lots of people

who have
kitties with CRF who have rallied back ok. The best thing for Little

Bit right
now is probably getting sub-q fluids or being on an IV for a couple

days.

There are great resources online for this stuff.. Fuga was diagnosed

with
kidney failure 1.5 years ago and he's still doing ok. If there's

anything I
can do let me know..my addy is f u g a @c a n a d a . c o m (without

the
spaces).