CAT KEEPING US AWAKE AT NIGHT!

Old October 8th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default CAT KEEPING US AWAKE AT NIGHT!

We had to put one of our cats to sleep last March. Soon after that,
our cat would be meowing/yelping during the night. We thought
perhaps, that she was looking for our other cat. Both cats are 7
years of age. Maybe she was picking up the sent. Well, after all of
these months, it started again...really bad last night..she's acting
fine..running around, playing, etc. She usually snuggles in our bed
with us, but last night was different. None of this happens during
the night....we were away all day yesterday...could the cat be
lonely? This cat is a real mush, and when you sit/lay down to watch
t.v., she won't leave your side....the tone of the meow/yelp is
distressing...you'd think she was in dire pain or something.
Note...this never, ever happens during the day...only at night...any
and all responses are welcome and appreciated in advance..thanks..Joe

Old October 8th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

She should be seen by a vet to rule out hyperactive thyroid. If there is
nothing wrong with her physically, yes she could be lonely. Have you thought
about getting another cat/kitten? If so, the secret is to integrate them
slowly.
Gail
ups.com...
Note...this never, ever happens during the day...only at night...any
and all responses are welcome and appreciated in advance..thanks..Joe

Old October 8th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

I agree with Gail. First, bring her in for a full checkup, including
bloodwork, to make sure there's nothing medically wrong with her. If
that comes back as fine, yes, it's possible she is lonely, especially
if she is home alone all day.

Try playing with her in the evening to help let out some of her
energy. Rotate her toys and make sure she has a cat tree and a window
to look out of.

You might consider getting another cat to keep her company. Here's a
link on how to introduce: http://catsinternational.org/article...roduction.html

Note...this never, ever happens during the day...only at night...any
and all responses are welcome and appreciated in advance..thanks..Joe

Thank you both for your responses. She'd been checked out a few
months back when our first cat had problems, and all was well. I'll
probably bring her again to make sure..thanks...joe

Old October 8th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kitkat via CatKB.com

one of my cats started making a cry at night - he had crystals in his urine. -
perhaps try to leave your door open and see if the crying takes place around
the litterbox.

HELP PLEASE!!! ANYONE AWAKE? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 4 December 19th 06 08:57 AM
Old healthy cat howling early morning -- owner can't stay awake duringday! AA Cat health & behaviour 17 July 17th 05 04:21 PM
Sunday night was biff night Helen Wheels Cat anecdotes 8 July 8th 05 04:37 AM
Can they tell when you're awake Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 10 March 7th 05 08:42 PM
Wide awake! badwilson Cat anecdotes 2 March 8th 04 02:35 AM