I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Old December 31st 11, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Only a few people are allowed guns here and my neighbours aren't the ones.
They would not have a clue.
They've come from the city and have no idea about semi- rural life and how
to get on with their neighbours.
It's a pity as I would have been quite prepared to be friends with them had
they not proved to such ar*h*les.
What kind of neighbour would deliberately make me hop round there with a
broken foot to beg to get my car out?
Not one that gets any help from me in the future. It will be very difficult
for them to take the two poplars down. They claim they are damaging their
garage. I say don't blame the trees, I saw how it was built. Cowboys.
Tweed

Tweed

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i thought guns weren't in the mix, which in this case i am glad of, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
As they have no idea I have a cat he is perfectly safe. Guns are no-no
here.
"Storrmmee" wrote in message
poisioned food, if he will not eat from strangers or "found food" i
would think he is very safe, iirc guns.
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
And what is that?
Tell me.
Anyone cannot touch him Lee, the boy is not stupid

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
.., pellet guns aren't allowed in
UK? Lee.
i went through every scenerio in my head that could be done to him, and
since he is so shy i could only come up with one, Lee
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
There is no danger to Boyfriend, Lee, so don't worry about that.

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i hadn't thought about the possible danger to boyfriend, which is now
a major concern, after boyfriend, tweeds safety is next then the
money needed to fix the situation, i have for the most part decent
next doors and except for the forgetfulness of the one guy i am
pretty lucky, Lee
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Christina Websell typed:
Strictly speaking they have the dropped kerb in front of their
property that allows me to get my car out.
They continually block it and get annoyed if I ask them to move
their
car so I can get mine out.
On Wednesday I asked them once again and I had to hop with my bad
foot
around to their house to ask. They went crazy. They shouted at
me
and I had to tell them not to do so. It seems that they think
they
can block it as much as they want, I said but I can't get my car
out
if you do and they said that's too bad for you isn't it? I said
I've
been here 25 years and never had a problem with it with my
previous
neighbours and they said "we arent your previous neighbours, are
we?"
They have to get my permission to build a wall they want and to
take
down two trees that they cannot get to except if they do it on my
land. Strangely enough, I am going to say no.

We have things here that you can put over your curb so as to be
able to drive up and down without needing hte curb to be remodelled
and allowing the water to run down the gutter. The're metal plates
and kinda look like this:
_
/

They'd be cheaper than having hte curb re-done.

BTW, I am no expert on law, but if you've been using their curb to
get yor car out for years andyears, then you may well have a
'common law' right of access over their property and they have no
legal right ot block it.

either way, I hope the situation resolves quickly, with the least
expense possible.

Yowie

Old December 31st 11, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

sounds as if they haven't a clue about a lot of things, please keep updates
i am interested not only because i want to support you, but i am interested
in compairing how the process compares with US, Lee

Old January 8th 12, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patok[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
Pickles is pretty leery of people other than me...

In my part of the UK, "leery" means "aggressive, looking for a fight".

That's probably only in your part of the UK, then. It seems most
everywhere else "leery" and "wary" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leery

(Notice that your meaning is there, denoted slang.)

Are you British, Patok? Do you live in the UK?
Interested to know.

No, I'm Bulgarian, and live in the States at the moment. But the
English I learned first was British, certainly.

Cheers!

--
You'd be crazy to e-mail me with the crazy. But leave the div alone.
*
Old January 8th 12, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Patok" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
Pickles is pretty leery of people other than me...

In my part of the UK, "leery" means "aggressive, looking for a fight".

That's probably only in your part of the UK, then. It seems most
everywhere else "leery" and "wary" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leery

(Notice that your meaning is there, denoted slang.)

Are you British, Patok? Do you live in the UK?
Interested to know.

No, I'm Bulgarian, and live in the States at the moment. But the English
I learned first was British, certainly.

My German friend only wants to learn UK English. If she uses like
"airplane" I am dead if I don't tell her it's an aeroplane.
We call this "A" - American. She does not accept "A" as English.
Tweed

Old January 9th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
wrote in message
Pickles is pretty leery of people other than me...

In my part of the UK, "leery" means "aggressive, looking for a fight".

That's probably only in your part of the UK, then. It seems most
everywhere else "leery" and "wary" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leery

(Notice that your meaning is there, denoted slang.)

Are you British, Patok? Do you live in the UK?
Interested to know.

No, I'm Bulgarian, and live in the States at the moment. But the English
I learned first was British, certainly.

My German friend only wants to learn UK English. If she uses like
"airplane" I am dead if I don't tell her it's an aeroplane.
We call this "A" - American. She does not accept "A" as English.
Tweed

That sounds a bit snobbish!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old January 9th 12, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

On Jan 8, 3:09*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
Pickles is pretty leery of people other than me...

In my part of the UK, "leery" means "aggressive, looking for a fight".

* That's probably only in your part of the UK, then. *It seems most
everywhere else "leery" and "wary" are synonyms.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/leery

(Notice that your meaning is there, denoted slang.)

Are you British, Patok? *Do you live in the UK?
Interested to know.

* No, I'm Bulgarian, and live in the States at the moment. But the English
I learned first was British, certainly.

My German friend only wants to learn UK English. *If she uses like
"airplane" I am dead if I don't tell her it's an aeroplane.
We call this "A" - American. *She does not accept *"A" as English.
Tweed

You can insult our use of airplane in the same sentence that you use
"like" instead of "as an example"?!?! Seriously?
Old January 12th 12, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. English moves on. American English doesn't.
There is no insult.

Old January 12th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Excuse me? American English has been moving on since the day the Pilgrims
landed, and it is still moving, rapidly.

Joy

Old January 12th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:
"Patok" wrote in message
MatSav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

As an amateur linguist (yeah, it's a hobby with me -- weird hobby, but a
hobby nevertheless since college) I must agree. If you look at the new words
being created on an almost daily basis, and you can get lists of those
every year when the compendia of new words come out in new dictionaries,
various blog lists, etc., you'll see that American English is the most
innovative of all languages.

We are the most creative when it comes to talking, and we also have one of
the largest vocabularies. We create words for new situations and new
conditions and we have a huge collection of slang words (many of which
become mainstream in time-- e.g., "blog"). The average American uses a daily
vocabulary of almost 5,000 words. We have a LOT of synonyms -- just check
Roget's Thesaurus. I know a couple of other languages, and believe me,
there is no comparison.

I have an older edition of computer Scrabble. I am sometimes amazed that
words which are in normal, daily use are not in the Scrabble dictionary. But
then -- that edition is 3 or 4 years old. The language has already moved on,
discarded some words, and adopted others (and I could not find an updated
Scrabble game, either!).

Sorry to be so long-winded. We now resume our regular cat programming...

Jay